Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas09

Hi folks,

Black Hat search engine optimization is defined as unethical techniques that are used to get higher search rankings.

It is not recommended but I am finding people are doing it and being said that it is effective for short term. People use black hat tactics to get instant ranking and traffic for particular time period which is the best for their business. For example people are selling such products which are in demand at the time of Christmas so they might use black hat to get high ranking and traffic for short term to get benefit of Christmas days.

What is your opinion about it?

joker

black hat SEO are the techniques which are against on search engine guidelines. So, better avoid and don't take any risk because it may lead to penalties.

jason830

Search Engine do not like webmasters use the black hat seo methods to promotion our site, and if you do it,it maybe has bad effect for your site.

stephen186

Black hat is nothing less than an instant coffee , its best avoided as it is nothing but risk. I would not want to risk my adsense account or any account as such , i would rather go slow and do it the right way :)

paddy12

In life, money and even SEO there is no term as get quick rich, no way to get Google#1 quick.Using black hat seo will give you more headache in the end.

link8r

I personally know some huge blackhat operators in the UK. It is possible to make money from it, but they aren't building a brand or a reputation. If you have a business and a business site, then the risk is quite big.

A lot of blackhats don't care - if the domain gets banned/penalised, they drop and move on, they normally own hundreds.

I dont like the idea of the web expanding through blackhat but it can be interesting to see what they get up to. And you can make a lot of money if you're really good.

Jenie0109

Hi folks,

Black Hat search engine optimization is defined as unethical techniques that are used to get higher search rankings.

What is your opinion about it?

I agree it's very unethical technique just for getting higher search engine ranking. I think it's better to use white hat technique to avoid problems to the site.

waterwizz

Is it necessarily true that black hat gives instant results. What if you get the worst of both worlds, instant ranking drops if hundreds of spammy links are used, and long term penalties.

It has happened to me, and I had used 'so called' experts. Instant site wipe out, no short term benefits.

RedEvo

I'm seeing.......

What appears to be a new domain?

Overuse of meta description - too many characters

Massive overuse of meta keyword - words in meta keywords that are not even in the page copy. Although Google ignores the meta keyword from an indexing point of view might it make a site suspect if the meta keywords element is full of spam? If I were Google I would think so.

Very very poor page title elements - the single most important SEO on-page element.

Only one link to the entire site according to two separate analysis tools I've looked at.

If the site's new your earlier rankings would have been the 'news' effect, new pages ranking high while the engine figured out their rightful place in the index.

All this is just a quick down and dirty overview but it will give you some pointers.

d

Niche

I'd stay well away from black hat if i were you
I have been online for a few years now and have stuck to white hat SEO and I can tell you, it works. Short term and long term. Just remeber this is a real business and to build a sustainable business you need to focus on the medium and long term as well

glenbolton85

Black Hat is basically some SEO techniques that are frowned upon as these techniques are there to go around the ethical procedures to achieve results.
The websites that use these techniques are penalized by search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.