Status
Not open for further replies.

starfire

whats the best way and simplest way to set up a blog like site but with your own domain name.
I want to create a site that as a blog like structure but other pages too

Thanks

babyboy808

Wordpress hands down. You're hosting panel should already have it through something like fantastico.

caminowebmaster

yes but can you use your own domain name

This is the best way to run a blog - on your own domain and hosting.

For example go to the likes of blacknight hosting - buy your domain and buy your hosting - together for less than €100, check their site for prices.

They a one click install - really more like three clicks - dead simple. This will install your WP blog. Then you need ftp access, set that up, download from wordpress.org or where-ever your preferred theme, then download some plugin like seo for WP, they are many, but this is the most important one.

Up load both of these to your site with ftp and your in business. Setting up a blog is the easy part - the hard part is continually having something to write about, and writing when you can't be bothered.

here is an example of a small (unfinished) site using WP and pages. http://www.dublindirectory.net

Best of luck.

K

Kieran

I third and fourth WordPress. It is so easy to use but there are other powerful CMS tools out there that if you have time and patience to investigate will provide you with additional features (not better or worse mind) that may suit you in future.

I like Drupal and Joomla too but find WP the easiest when I want to throw together a blog at short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.