Change quicktime mp3 to mp3 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicformedia

Hi guys,
Hopefully this is the correct place to post this.

I own a forum - I've set up a web disk hard drive for everyone to use, so basically it shows up as a hard drive on anyone's PC, and we can share files on it. Now say for example you make a track and want to show everyone. You can give people who don't have webdisk installed a link. For example

www.example.com/example/example.mp3

Now when I do that, it comes up with the quicktime crappy single link mp3 player - like so:

http://www.sonicoctave.com/composers/PianoDialogue.mp3

What I was wondering is, is there a way to skin that player, or make it into a better player with more options and controls on it, or is it just something that can't be changed?

Thanks for any info :)
Emmett

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
What you want to do is overwrite whats happening on the page

For example instead of the mp3 being loaded ... the server serves up index.php which includes your flash player from the main site ?

musicformedia

Hmm yea pretty much I think - I want to use a flash mp3 player that I already have to play them rather than just the normal quicktime one

Solonox

Yeah.. be nicer to have a player page that you can make as fancy as you want and then pass it the MP3 file to play. Or allow someone to navigate to the MP3 file.. depending on your setup

Solonox

Well depends on what sort of web development experience you have.... Also what sort of structure is currently setup up.

But ideally you can download some nice flash audio players from a variety of websites, from here you can drop it into a PHP, ASPX Page or whatever language you are using. Then you pass that page the file name as a parameter, which is then used by the flash audio player to access your MP3.

If you need help putting it in place just let us know.. Also just leave us some more details on what language you are using etc..

musicformedia

Yea I'm not good at any of that stuff at all lol, so I'll have to leave it Id say.

I don't know any programming languages or anything, so I wouldn't know the first thing about it lol - thanks for the help though :)

Solonox

hahaha, no problem.. Well as it stands it will load up the default player. So in my case if i was to try and list to the MP3 it will open in windows media player, it will vary depending on what the default is.

Anyway .. good luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.