Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Taking them one at a time

McKay Software site:

page title - totally unhelpful for anyone searching
Display - site obviously never tested in Firefox, so broken badly
Adsense ads on the site are odd - if it's a commercial site selling a service, why are you advertising your competitors?

The second site - displays better on Firefox, but seems to be more affiliate adverts than content or design

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
First site broken

Second site ... I assume you're just trying to generate inbound links for your keywords

Satanta

investigate cross browser testing
Slightly odd having to suggest this to a company offering web design (and SEO) services.

The use of adsense on a professional site is extremely unprofessional.

Site is in breach of both the data protection regulations and the ODCE requirements.

The basic onpage SEO is very poor, even disregarding the fact that this is being offered as a paid service to customers.

Prominent location given to 'Sports Pages' and 'Limerick Links', both of which have little relevance to what the target customer will be looking for.

Images being hyperlinked to themselves is just odd.

All in all, far more negatives than positives. The information on the services being provided is hazy at best, giving no indication of any skill or knowledge in those areas. In terms of building trust with your target market, the site as it stands is probably doing more harm than good.

link8r

Hi John,

With respect - you may be able to programme an AS/400 and you may technically be able to assemble html to produce something that loads in a browser but a web designer you are not. And SEO is not about stuffing keywords into a page and submitting to Google. Thats just submitting it to Google and wasting time with keywords. Google hasn't used a keywords meta tag in 10 years. While its always great to see a company embrace the web, you have to take some serious advice. Just because you can create something that runs in a browser, doesn't mean you are a web designer. Once you get over the initial delight of creating your site, go and look at some serious websites from actual web designers and SEO agencies. Your site is full of bad graphics, bad design, bad branding, AdSense (seriously, this just further demonstrates how little you know about Internet and Monetisation and Marketing).

I think you might want to be a web designer but I dont think you should offer it as a commercial service without having the right training - I think if you did design a site for a company that hopes to/needs to generate more business online that you would be doing them a huge disservice. You don't know what you don't know has never been more apt.

The sites are truly awful given that you claim to be a professional. Even a basic 1 week FAS web design course would teach you a lot.

link8r

With respect - you may be able to programme an AS/400 and you may technically be able to assemble html to produce something that loads in a browser but a web designer you are not. And SEO is not about stuffing keywords into a page and submitting to Google. Thats just submitting it to Google and wasting time with keywords. Google hasn't used a keywords meta tag in 10 years.

While its always great to see a company embrace the web, you have to take some serious advice. Just because you can create something that runs in a browser, doesn't mean you are a web designer. Once you get over the initial delight of creating your site, go and look at some serious websites from actual web designers and SEO agencies.

Your site is full of bad graphics, bad design, bad branding, AdSense (seriously, this just further demonstrates how little you know about Internet and Monetisation and Marketing).

I think you might want to be a web designer but I dont think you should offer it as a commercial service without having the right training - I think if you did design a site for a company that hopes to/needs to generate more business online that you would be doing them a huge disservice. You don't know what you don't know has never been more apt.

The sites are truly awful given that you claim to be a professional. Even a basic 1 week FAS web design course would teach you a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.