Status
Not open for further replies.

lorry1

Hi,

I'm in the process of adding my website to directories, some free some paid. Is there somewhere I can find a list of directories that are worth getting listed in, there are so many, or do I just keep going. My budget is small. My website has a .ie, .co.uk, and .com address so should I submit all 3 or just .com.

Many thanks
L

louie

Directories doesn't give you much love from Google or any other search engines.
You'll be better-off looking for links from partner website related to your business.
A link from related website is valued a lot more and I mean a lot more, then 50-100 links from directories.

If is SEO related follow these steps:

1. make sure the website is accessible and working 100%, the title tag and page description is optimised.
2. create a sitemap and submit it to SE.
3. have lots (don't over do it) of internal links pointing to the important
pages on your site
4. make use of the "nofollow" tag for less important link (e.g. terms and conditions, etc)

plus a lot more, and last but not least submit to free directories.

lorry1

Hi Louie
Thanks for that info, it's hard work typing to get links from related sites, but I'll keep trying. I have my title and page description and they relate to my website as best as possible, is it necessary to change them from time to time, or is it best just to leave them as they are?

Many thanks#L

louie

lorry1 said:
Hi Louie
Thanks for that info, it's hard work typing to get links from related sites, but I'll keep trying. I have my title and page description and they relate to my website as best as possible, is it necessary to change them from time to time, or is it best just to leave them as they are?

Many thanks#L

I know what you are talking about but it is worth a go. Bets way to get inbound links is to have something unique and worth talking about. Look into getting a blog added to the website and ramble about things related to your business, you never know when you come across something that is really worth talking about.

Also as I said get a sitemap and submit it to SE.

Arch-Stanton

Directories doesn't give you much love from Google or any other search engines.
You'll be better-off looking for links from partner website related to your business.
A link from related website is valued a lot more and I mean a lot more, then 50-100 links from directories.

Yes, I would agree fully, themed or related sites are the way to go, however, the handy thing about directories, it gives a diverse range of IP's linking to your site, which can be OK aswell.

glengara

I'd leave off paid directories for a while as G seems to be hitting quite a few of them, including 3 of the "Top Directories" on that Vilesilencer page....

glengara

In fact I'd be wary of all "SEO friendly" paid directories, the factors that make them "SEO friendly" multiple links, choice of anchor text, deep links are all missing from the likes of DMOZ/Yahoo!....

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I don't charge people to submit to any of the directories I run and most of them are seo friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.