Does Vbseo is useful to increase traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

I personally don't think it's worth the cost.

There are plenty of SEO plugins/mods/hacks/tips for Vbulletin freely available on vBulletin.org Forum - The Official vBulletin Resource! and vBulletin FAQ.

The only major benefit of VBSEO, imo, is the URL rewritting. But Zoints (free) can do it just as well. It has a social bookmarking feature too but how many times is that going to be used on your forum?

VBSEO also provide a decent google sitemap plugin for vbulletin but that is actually provided as a free download from their website.

VBSEO isn't a one stop one click solution for optimising a message board. It helps but there are about a dozen other things you should be doing in order to optimise your board.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Because it does so much so easily

None of the other seo plugins come anywhere near it and personally I value my time and my sanity.

With the other hacks you end up messing about and you never get anything close to the level of seo readiness nor do you get all the social networking stuff

Cormac

Time over money..
I just don't think it's worth the fee for what it does. The costs are too high are there are free alternatives which do as good a job.

If you have the time to spare then I'd recommend SEO'ing your board yourself everytime.

It depends as well on which topic your message board is about. If the topic receives a high number of searches, then VBSEO is probably worth it. But if your board is about something such as music or sport, then it won't be as benefical.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Time over money..
I just don't think it's worth the fee for what it does. The costs are too high are there are free alternatives which do as good a job.

They don't do "as good a job"

It depends as well on which topic your message board is about. If the topic receives a high number of searches, then VBSEO is probably worth it. But if your board is about something such as music or sport, then it won't be as benefical.

The longtail is even more important.

Trojan

Time over money..

It's 149 USD! That's about 100 EUR.

(I think you're undervaluing your time)

Cormac

I used VBSEO before on one of my boards and I didn't find it a worthwhile cost for the topic of the board.
Simple as that really.

Adulu

Thanks for your opinion

But it is quite high PR which 1~40 HTML on the forum footer.
It still couldn't increase your traffic?

I am happy because hear someone else say it is not worth.:D
I could use this budget to buy others for useful my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.