Status
Not open for further replies.

EdenWeb

I'm an eBay noob but am in the market for a new gadget and it's about 500 Euro cheaper with the 'Buy now' option than in most high street stores in the UK and Ireland.

The seller is listed as a power seller with a 98% positive review rate.

Have you bought before from eBay and would you have any advice on this type of thing?

bucks

I love eBay and bought a car off it once !!

98% feedback for a power seller is good, just check all recent feedback and for what type of products they were for, should give you a good idea of what the seller is like !

babyboy808

Yep, nothing but good things to say about ebay. I agree 98% is good, there will be some negative feedback if the seller is doing volume.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you read the fine print and check where they are located.

I've bought thousands of euro of goods from ebay for both personal and business use over the last 7 or 8 years and most of my experiences have been positive.
To date I've only had two nasty experiences:
Beware of Scammers on Ebay!

The other issue was when I bought a game which was supposedly knew and ready to use only to discover that the vendor had already registered it and EA wouldn't reset it :(

Tom

Yep, I can only really say good things about it too. It's great for bargains. Personally though I don't think I would buy anything over €500 on it as there always is that slight risk in my mind. As Blacknight says make sure you read everything well as there are plenty of scammers about.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I've not used it for anything major but have picked up a few nice bargains ...

Just make sure as the lads said about the seller ...how many sales .. reviews of his last few sales and look for the negative comments...

A friend picked up a Cannon EOS something or other with 2 gb memory / an extra lens for around 400 - 500 less than in the shops here and he had no problems ...

he bought a few other smaller items and had problems ... descriptions not being correct on the products and so on ... but they were only for a few quid ...

All in all .. I've only good things to say about Ebay ...

chandu

well ive bought so many electronics and all with ebay and i never had any negative experience so far...one of the best sites for purchasing online

googlebomber76

Be carefull if it's something like furniture, friend of mine got stung to the tune of €500, She bought an antique table but she never checked the dimensions...it arrived and it was for a dolls house...the p&p was €300 alone from hong kong.....just make sure that 42" Plasma is in Inches rather than mm, other than that ebay is the business never pay by bank transfer ot western unuion...your trousers will be removed..

Geoff

I bought my car from Ebay UK and drove it back on the ferry. Worked out a great deal. Vrt man took his pound of flesh but I am stoked, always wanted an MR2 Turbo! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.