Etiquette with support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
So I've just been dealing with 2 different support crowds using ticket systems in both cases and my question is this ...

Do people normally say thanks

Does this screw up the ticket system and cause people to have to close the item again. Do those working support actually like to see the thanks coming in ? :D

My nature dictates that I respond with a thanks ... what are others thoughts :D

ziycon

I work in support and personally i like to see the gratitude come in bu in does create more work as emails are auto logged when they come in so i've got to go and close them which can be a pain when its busy!

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Thats along the lines of what I was thinking ... think I need a few more responses before I make up my mind on it.

They do seem to have a rate this support item / response ... but thats a bit impersonal for my liking ..

One system I work on and do support for usually has people responding with emails going thanks for that and it just gives me some kinda warm fuzzy feeling that someone went to the effort to write down .. thanks in an email even if thats all it is

But then ... thats a different non Ticket system so there are differences.

Geoff

Maybe you should keep the 'thanks' for places you don't like, sort of like a stealth - Screw You! although that could work just as well :D

louie

I am in the habit myself to say Thanks in this case or similar.
Even in forums after helping somebody, I found it very rude not to get a Thanks after giving the right solution.

Is nice to be nice and rewarding.

Cormac

A lot of the times I won't say thanks to someone who helped me if I have a good enough relationship with them (I more than likely thanked them before and they are already aware that I am grateful for their help), but if it's someone new then I more than likely thank them.

Fintan

If the technical support has been good, I will always make a point of saying thank you and filling in any ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.