Facebook - strange... fishy or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhitePhantom

Hey all,

Just wondering what you make of this.

I've a Facebook account, and I've NEVER given it access to my email - you know the way you can let it search your email contacts to suggest friends.

Well, about a year and a half ago, I was emailing a girl at work (ha! back in the day when I had a job!) and accidentally entered her email address as koc@gmail.com instead of koc@work.com. So I got a reply from the koc@gmail.com address saying Sorry, you must have the wrong address, I don't know what this email is about. Signed from someone called Kerin (unusual enough name.) I replied saying Thanks for letting me know, and wrote a new email which I sent on to the correct address. And that was that.

Until the other day I noticed that Facebook was suggesting that I add this same name, Kerin O C, as a friend. The name was unusual enough to jog my memory so I checked back through my emails to make sure it really was the exact same name.

Now isn't it highly unlikely that Facebook is suggesting this name at random / by coincidence - someone whom I don't know and don't have any friends in common with. The only connection is that one accidental email.

Fishy or what? :confused: What do you make of it??

Dublin Domainer

Coincidence?

That happens with any name I have in my address book. I don't know quite how, but obviously Facebook must have some way of gaining access to the names there. Likewise Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.