Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4ever

The whole Google Caffeine or sandbox is worth a look. Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Help test some next-generation infrastructure. It’s a beta of a ‘next gen infrastructure’ of search. Interesting enough and interesting in the fact that its throwing up (in places) some very aggressive swings in search results - compared to the current one's.

I was looking at some keywords for a client this morning, under a ‘what if’ scenario. There were a few changes here are there – but no mad strange ones bar one.

A site that currently ranks 402 on G (yes, #402) for a particular keyword would rocket to #10 under sandbox for the same word! Now that would be particularly annoying and disconcerting.

It’s still in beta and I cant see that being the reality as the deviations on the other top 50 sites were small in comparison. It will have to be fine tuned - which is why they have released it for comment.

gbonnet

I've made a few tries with some keywords and when I compare the position of my sites when searched on caffeine and when search with the regular GG.com; I don't see a lot of differences ...
I gained or lost only a few positions for all the keywords I tried.

I noticed that some requests didn't work on caffeine: 'voip' for example.

I'll keep an eye this though.

MayaLocke

I really have not seen any results that are drastically different from those Google currently serves. Has anyone seen anything signifcant?

kflanagan28

I haven't seen anything too dramatic either. I read over what Aaron Wall said and he feels it will cause big effects, with Google showing even more preference towards authority sites. He seemed to think (and others) it's an attempt to bury a lot of the SERP spam from thin sites built for affiliate/cpa offers etc. If so, perhaps Vince was implemented to give it the first nudge and Caffine is going to be the full thing.

It's going to be interesting to see how it effects the SERPs overall ..

I really have not seen any results that are drastically different from those Google currently serves. Has anyone seen anything signifcant?

thomas09

Hi folks,

I just saw little bit ups and downs in SERP with specific keyword research. However, Google SERP changes are on the way

Wild Thing

we all created google through word of mouth so live with the fallout and optimize accordingly, personally if you are white hat you will only see minor differences

Aves

Haven't seen any major changes in SERPs. It's much faster through.
Anyone wondering why they are releasing this in dev version now? Looking to take some of the current publicity away from Bing perhaps?

wayneparnell789

Google sandbox indexes more pages which is equal to Bing and the speed is lightening tripple times faster than normal time. Rest the SERPs are more keyword based and i check for my current site it's nearly same.

searchmasters

Seems some penalties are reset?

I have a clients website that was ranked 30+ for phrases that should have been top ten. Been working on the site for several years, and have had it up to top ten.

Its possibly been lower for some unknown penalty issues.

Then low and behold caffeine comes out, and caffeine ranks it top ten where I considered it should be ranked.

Then over the last few weeks, the site has ranked higher and higher in the normal rankings, approaching the caffeine rankings.

So its my thought that with a rejigged algo, some of the algorithmic penalties may have been reset, and that over the past weeks, various parts of that algo have been incorporated into the main live algo.

Penalties seen on other websites have not been reset, so it has been rather specific in my instance.

If caffeine is faster at finding websites, then it should be faster at finding new incoming links and so ranking websites higher.

All interesting stuff.

paul

Ninja
coz the beta system doesn't have to go off an look for advertising! That speed will change.
Plus there is probably less load on those servers as there are less people using the system.

If anyone is looking for an easy comparison of Irish results you can give Google / Google Caffeine Comparison by BlackDog.ie a whirl.

I've seen some changes, generally for the good. but there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the results (for my keywords anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.