How do you get out of Google sandbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markkh

Quite simple really, one of my new sites has dropped from page 1 and 2 for keywords to page 30. I'm presuming I've been penalized or in the sandbox....anyone got some good ideas to get out the sandbox?

louie

Could be anything. Keep an eye on the SERPs.

link8r

Quite simple really, one of my new sites has dropped from page 1 and 2 for keywords to page 30. I'm presuming I've been penalized or in the sandbox....anyone got some good ideas to get out the sandbox?

Giving your domain might help. You can check to see if you are penalised in a number of ways - there might be a message in Google Webmaster Tools.

You can do a search for your domain - like "markkh.com" - with the quotation marks. Your site should be returned as number 1. If its not, then I would say chances are good that you are being penalised.

Realistically, I think that new sites get thrown around a lot. If Google just kept giving the same results, you could screenshot them and not need to use it. Google has always used the user to select a result as part of it's ranking algorithm.

Its not uncommon to see new sites go in high and then drop off.

RedCardinal

You can do a search for your domain - like "markkh.com" - with the quotation marks. Your site should be returned as number 1. If its not, then I would say chances are good that you are being penalised.

There are some penalties now that leave your site still ranking for your domain name. Getting more difficult to discern penalties these days, and lots of sites losing ranks without any penalty at all :(

Status
Not open for further replies.