Status
Not open for further replies.

quinny

Okay, I hope this is the right place to put this.

I build these two websites using Joomla and themes from RocketTheme, one is for my soccer club and the other is for our family business.

My question is, if I were to outsource the building of these to a professional web designer, how mush would it cost to build them?

I'm just wondering as we (Soccer club) are getting a lot of complements on the site, and it has cost the club €0.00 only my time and the other guy that does the articles.

Just be interested to see what sort of quote one would expect. I imagine it wouldn't be cheap.

Anyway here they are De Courcey Albion F.C. <<Soccer Club
and O'Neill :: Ballinadee Engineering Limited << Family Business

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
This is the age old piece of string question really

You are putting 0€'s price on your time? Fine if you're not earning during this time and doing this for fun

You're basically asking here how much for someone to do a 1 click install and throw in a Rocket Theme template? Will the person be required to do anything else .. training and so on ?

If so I guess you'd be getting quoted about 2 hours work by someone ( probably a freelancer )

If you're asking for a completely custom theme / logo / training / so on from scratch which these are not then you'd be talking anywhere from 500 - 10k € probably.
IF you go the route of outsourcing things you can get sites designed for a few hundred ...

If you go the template route you can pick up templates from 10 - 20 quid ...
If you need people to source graphics and so on this takes time ...
IF you want to meet up this takes time ...

If you're thinking of getting into the business (shameless self plug once again) take a look at What should I be charging for webdesign? | James Larkin and realise some of the costs.

link8r

The question is what is family business site doing for you? What are the conversions?

Taking a screenshot of the site will cost you €0. To pay someone to copy it will cost you less. To hire someone to build a working business website is an entirely different matter.

If you look at a website and assume that you understand why everything is there and how it all works, then the only problem you've given yourself to surmount is to copy it.

quinny

i guess i was wondering if they were to be custom build. business one with online store, football club one with easily updated fixture, results and tables etc.

but i take your point that it would depend on a lot of things. So basically it’s hard to say.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
To throw together a website with some basic styling would take me between 2 - 5 hours I guess ... To do a nice design could be anywhere from an hour or two to a day or two or three depending ...

To put it all together and put it into a Content Management system would be another while

Browser testing against all the browsers could take an hour or two to a day depending ...

Bug fixing and so on ... adding in nice javascript extras and so on could take more ...

So really it's a Huh! question ... and you'll end up with a different answer pretty much from everyone you talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.