http://www.centralreservations.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzi

I recently lost my job and decided to add a few strings to my bow so I would have something extra to add to my CV. I was always interested in Web Development so I learned a little ASP.NET and found out how Ajax works to give it a little extra.
I decided on something simple; a simple Add/Amend/Delete site with all calls to the db done with Ajax.
The result is here:Central Reservations.
I know it doesn't look great but that's cause I was more interested in the back-end code (I would prefer to be a Web "Developer" rather than "Designer", when you see the site you will see why; I don't really have a flair for making things look good).
There are a few little things wrong with it, likes I don't have license for the combo boxes on it so they occasionally give a message indicating that.
The grids which contain the hotels and the reservations are updated in real time every five seconds so if any changes are made you don't need to do a page refresh to see them.
The booking algorithm works (I am pretty sure) but I only allow the user to book one room at a time and only single or double.
I was thinking I could change that part of it to show the number of rooms available for the dates selected (single, double, twin etc).
I could also include things like Star Rating, Wi-Fi etc. for the hotels.
I stopped short of allowing visitors to actually go through with the booking as I had some problems with people contacting me thinking the site was a real, actual hotel booking website (which it isn't).
I've tested it on the latest versions of FF,IE, Chrome,Opera and Safari and it seems to be OK.
Also seems OK on FF 2 and 3 and IE 6 and 7. Some parts of it don't work on earlier versions of those browsers but I don't know if it's worth catering for them as those versions are five years old in some cases.
The site is more a learning experience than anything, I don't really know if I could do anything with it but I would appreciate it if a few of you took a look at it and fiddled around with it to see if you can break anything (which I bet you will in no time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.