http://www.direct-teetimes.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

php.allstar

Hi All,

Just released my latest design and development creation for the company I work for.

Feel free to bombard me with criticism if you like. I'm starting to get tunnel vision on it at this stage, could do with some third party critique.

I still have a few little things to tweak on it but its 98% there at the moment. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Its an online golf tee time booking website for golf courses in the UK, (if its not obvious when you look at the page!)

http://www.direct-teetimes.co.uk

StuartC

Nice design, your footer is very distracting though.

php.allstar

Nice design, your footer is very distracting though.

Thank God! :D

The major worry was that the search in the footer would be lost, which is one of the most important and heavily used features on the old version of the site.

Do you mean it is distracting in that it draws your eye to it or just distracting that you are left with a bad impression?

If the users eye is drawn to the footer, the hope is that they will notice the search!

We knew we would run the risk of being too gimmicky with the footer so the jury is out on it at the moment... We don't want to hide the search on users as it is fundamental to the success of the site.

Thanks

StuartC

I think its mainly the sign post that is distracting. It just blocks too much of the on screen content especially when scrolling. Thats my only quam, rest of the site looks great.

Best of luck

php.allstar

I think its mainly the sign post that is distracting. It just blocks too much of the on screen content especially when scrolling. Thats my only quam, rest of the site looks great.

Best of luck

Good point... maybe I'll just show the signpost on the users first visit, use jquery to pulsate it a few times so they now know its there and then hide it for all subsequent visits based on a cookie.

MOH

Best of luck

+1. Found it very distracting that the signpost covers half the left sidebar. Even the bit in the middle covering the central column is a bit distracting.

Also, the fact that the 'Tee times' menu item is always highlighted in red is confusing. I though this meant is was the current selection and wasn't changing - didn't notice at first the current is a darker shade of blue.

Looks great though

php.allstar

...Also, the fact that the 'Tee times' menu item is always highlighted in red is confusing. I though this meant is was the current selection and wasn't changing - didn't notice at first the current is a darker shade of blue...

Yeah I originally wanted to highlight the active page menu item in red but our marketing guy told me to handle it the way you now see it, as this is the link that makes the revenue come in the door!

Status
Not open for further replies.