.ie Domain Registration for science related website

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob1420

Hi all, i would like to ask how to register a .ie domain for a science related website, it is not a company or am i going to trade, i am an engineering student and would like to build a site relating to solar activity and weather related science, is it enough to explain this in my letter as it does relate to the name i have chosen, any help would be appreciated, rob

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You could try as "personal" "discretionary" and provide a signed letter outlining your project
As it would be under "personal" you'd probably also need to provide either some form of ID or a utility bill

rob1420

You could try as "personal" "discretionary" and provide a signed letter outlining your project
As it would be under "personal" you'd probably also need to provide either some form of ID or a utility bill

Thanks for the reply blacknight, i'll try it that way, thnx, rob

rob1420

Hi blacknight any everyone else, regarding my attempts to get my .ie domain registered, i have received a reply from hosting ireland and they say they require a business name/number, i read that you can register a domain under the descretionary option. i am curently on social welfare and i would like to know if i go for the option of a business name/number, will this leave my status as self-employed as i could loose my entitlements, or should i just leave it and go for a .com domain as that seems easier, i would love to aquire a .ie domain as i am irish and i live in ireland, the site is a serious presentation of my scientific work and is relating to ireland in part, are .ie's just for business as it looks like they are holding out for those with a business name/number, any help/advice would be great, rob

Byron

Hi Rob,

AFAIK, they should be able to process under discretionary name, contact their sales, they are accredited(?) so should be able to guide you through the process, but for a personal project with no commercial basis YOU WILL NOT require a business name, and having one will probably raise more issues than applying personally, most reg systems just fire out standard emails, just double check with your host.

rob1420

thanks Byron, good to know from someone who know's, i'll push on with discretionary name option, props to ya man, rob

Status
Not open for further replies.