.ie to display in uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Grogan

Hi everyone. I have a .ie site and a .co.uk site.

The irish site is listed in Ireland and is on the first page with google.ie but no where on the google.co.uk one. So we bought a .co.uk domain and have the content that same as our .ie site.

Is there a reason that it wont list anywhere else

Cheers in advance

Joseph

paul

Ninja
Maybe google has penalised you for having 2 sites with the same content.

Joseph Grogan

I was thinking that

Hi paul...

yea i was thinking that and i think i should probably go through the site and make it more suited for the english audience. But if it is penalised then that name is wasted is it not.

Otherwise is there a way to make the .ie site show in england or would a .com be better to do that

glengara

"But if it is penalised then that name is wasted is it not."

Domain should be fine, duplicate content gets filtered not penalised...

Joseph Grogan

thats what i thought

Yea thats what i thought. So if i change the content then after a while it should get listed....

So google is taking that the .ie is the main one so anyother one will not be listed...

So some updating will have to be done i think

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
As far as I know google doesn't penalize for dup content it simply takes the most relevant page/domain and only shows that one.

Best advice is to rewrite all the .co.uk content to suit a uk audience, and hope that it gets picked up then.

edit: didn't see glengara's post

Banana Man

Im not sure how well the new "Set Geographic Target" tool in Google Webmaster works for changing a .ie domain to for the .co.uk region but you could look into it. It basically allows you to set the region your site is targeted at manually but that is so .com's can be targeted more so i dont know how it would work when you already have a country specific domain.

Joseph Grogan

I think just redoing the site

I think just redoing the site might be the best option and make it suit the english market. And try do some seo for that to

Status
Not open for further replies.