Integrating with Google Analytics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dereko

I have a website were new users sign up and some eventually become paying customers. I use analytics to track goal conversion which is great.

What i want now is be able to see any customer in by administration system with where they were referred from.

Was is Google natural listings, adwords, a different site or if they went direct?

At the moment by looking at my customer database i can't do this. I can get general info from Analytics but i can't drill down in to it.

We have coded a PHP back end manager software to view all paying customers from our Mysql Database. Is there a way i can find out from Google analytics through an API or something where they came from and all the other nice stats that comes with it? Basically i want to fill up a few extra feilds in our customer database so we know more about them.

Any help would be most appreciated.

louie

are you talking about the referer?

did you try using $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] ?

dereko

yea i already have that stored.. but i'd like to pick a someone in my customer database and see all the information google retrieves on that visitor.. I suspect there is no way to do this. so for the moment i am just doing it manually by recording $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] store it as a session variable when then enter the site and add it to the new customer recorded on sign up. This seem to have got me a good bit of the way towards what i want.

louie

there can only be one referrer at a time, so if you want to see a history for a particular customer, create a separate table to log the data anytime he comes back.
Whatever google collects and stores, you can do it yourself as well.

dereko

yea it seems liek thats my best option.. recording a good few things now but i practically have to write a php stats program would be nice if some stats program had an API to pull information from into my owen admin area.

Status
Not open for further replies.