Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcc

Change the default title page on the index. You'd be surprised at how many "Welcome to the Frontpage" Joomla websites there are on the web.

Regards...jmcc

nanotriffid

Hi Kewee,

My first advice would be to get the developer who installed the website to install "SH 404 SEF" plugin. It can be a bit complex initially and you will need to pay for it the first time around but paying for it is the only way to get proper support. I never use the built-in meta data functions on Joomla anymore because I never got results. (I did manage to 'break' one or two sites while coming up to speed with the SEF plugin LOL) Here are some of my client sites that have picked up in organic rankings since optimising using the plugins: www.snazzybags.co.uk; www.pownallandhampson.com; Voice Activated Media Center Remote Control by Amulet Devices. Hope this helps.

robert.carpenter

Hi Kewee,

My first advice would be to get the developer who installed the website to install "SH 404 SEF" plugin. It can be a bit complex initially and you will need to pay for it the first time around but paying for it is the only way to get proper support. I never use the built-in meta data functions on Joomla anymore because I never got results. (I did manage to 'break' one or two sites while coming up to speed with the SEF plugin LOL) Here are some of my client sites that have picked up in organic rankings since optimising using the plugins: www.snazzybags.co.uk; www.pownallandhampson.com; Voice Activated Media Center Remote Control by Amulet Devices. Hope this helps.

I would second this. sh404 is a very useful component for easily optimising meta data across a joomla! website. Just make sure to update the htaccess file for canonicals after the install.

jimmy13

Hello Friends......

Joomla SEO Tips

1.Use Search engine friendly URL

Craft catch Page titles for all pages in your website

Setup Meta data for every page in your website

Take advantage of 404 error page pages

Insert H1 Tags In Joomla

Thanks

jimmy13

Hello Friends......

Joomla SEO Tips