Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddoran

I don't think so, once you are qualified you are qualified. However to become qualified you can't simply spend 500, wait 3 months and then pass the exam, you must meet all the requirements at the same time but then I think you are qualified.

paul

Ninja
is the American level $500 ? that would save you some money. I guess you just need to get some clients, anyway it's about £5/day spend.

MickyWall

$1,000 it is.

I'm just pissed off cos I thought it was a case of getting the exam and that was you qualified. I read through alot of material and forum posts but unfortunately I didn't pick up on this.

Perhaps if it said "How to become qualified and remain qualified" then that would remove any confusion, surely that's not too much to ask for.

Redfly

The exam only has to be taken every two years. As you know, it is FAR too easy and only tests the absolute basics of the system.

Maintaining the required spend should not be a problem either. If you feel you need to take the exam, you should either manage enough client accounts or be spending enough by yourself IMHO.

MickyWall

Hi Dave,

If you feel you need to take the exam, you should either manage enough client accounts or be spending enough by yourself IMHO.
I can certainly see where you're coming but I'm sorry I don't necessarily agree with that for a whole host of reasons. Unfortunately I don't have time to expand on them and it wouldn't do any good.

I was just short of the required spend and Adwords along with other advertising worked very well. If I spent more money on Adwords to meet the spend then I'd be struggling with the workload and just spending for the sake of it.

Anyway that's neither here nor there, they're Google's conditions and that's fair enough. I was just slightly pissed off that I didn't pick up on the conditions or fully understand them.

Redfly

I was just short of the required spend and Adwords along with other advertising worked very well. If I spent more money on Adwords to meet the spend then I'd be struggling with the workload and just spending for the sake of it.

Hi Micky,
That is exactly my point. If it is working well for you and you don't NEED to spend more money, why is the "qualification" so important to you?

While I know that it is without a doubt easier to get clients with it and it certainly does add credibility, is that what you are after?

gav240z

I know I'm dragging an old topic out of the cupboard...

I'm know I'm digging up an old one, but I manage accounts for others to maintain a spend. Therefore I'm not spending my own cash :). I stay qualified and everyone is happy.

The next step for me is to become Website Optimiser Qualified and Google Analytics Authorised Partner, but they are quite a bit harder.

PaulSymonds

Adwords Pro

I agree with you in that it is a bit harsh that one only retains Adwords Professonal as long as one is spending or has clients in your own Client Centre who are spending. That is the case though as I have read.

jmcclements

To digress slightly. I agree 100% with Dave but I also add that it is definitely worth doing (it is not hard) - and they give you 50 GBP (not sure what it is in Euro) of adwords advertising free for any new clients you sign up and manage in your 'My Client Center'.

It is a bit of a bummer that you have to resit it every 2 years though...

johnsonkyle25

The qualification is far too easy, I mean, if you have the cash, just don't break any rules and you're good. I'm thinking it's not very trustworthy to go with Google's standards of a good ppc manager.

jmcclements

I agree.

But the qualification DOES hold a lot of sway with many potential clients - so it would be silly not to get it..

Status
Not open for further replies.