Status
Not open for further replies.

nanotriffid

I am a great fan of Social media in my personal life but have unfortunately not had enough exposure in terms of work experience (I have a lot of SEO and PPC experience but it doesnt feel like enough anymore.).

What social media do you find most useful for promoting your clients on and where did you learn the skills? Short courses and online resources welcome too.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on what you are trying to promote and to whom

I've no idea about courses and I honestly don't think that most of them bring that much value. Marketing is marketing and as long as you aren't shoving stuff down people's throats all the time ..

Michaela

Re:

I'm not sure about courses either, but Facebook and Twitter are both great due to the real time status updates and the ability to embed links, pictures etc in the status updates

karenjlwalker

I think it is very much a matter of getting online, looking in magazines, articles, blogs etc. basically using every available resource you can and seeing what other people are saying. There are many things that you can do with social media and as developers grow more skilled and produce more apps, it will continue to open up even more avenues. Therefore... you ALWAYS have to keep up to date so no one-course-teaches-all would be suffice. Subscribing to some online sites and articles may help whereby you can get daily or weekly emails about the specific thing you choose so you wont get annoyed with a constant stream of irrelevant emails. good luck..

nanotriffid

Thanks guys!
Subscribing to some online sites and articles may help whereby you can get daily or weekly emails about the specific thing you choose so you wont get annoyed with a constant stream of irrelevant emails

Definately seems the best way about it.

Just to come back to this a few months after I made my original post: I did sign up for the webpronews newsletter (Breaking News, Business News, Technology News | WebProNews). They cover all the topics that I love and have some easy bite-sized videos on Social Media, SE trends, industry news etc.

Rhett Wallis

People have different preferences and attention levels based on the type of content and medium the promotion was presented. As one of the competitive social media marketing companies trying to outdo others, it would be good to have a good adaptability and versatility in delivering content to the masses. Use music, video, articles, and what have you.
These four competencies may be added with a few customized ones, but as one of the social media marketing companies that needs basic pointers, beginning with these four are a good start.

trickobrien

I recently did a trial run on Facebook (I am not a marketer by any stretch) but i remembered some advice I was given-always use a light touch.A friend of mine needed to launch a local business,so i slowly built his "friends" up to around 1,000 (all local people) he posted photos of his babys christening,his brothers wedding etc etc-and then I created a link to his new business with some harmless text like-"hope you like it" no call to action at all.
It worked-he got quite a few calls,and orders started to come in
The only thing I should mention is the fact that he is a popular guy and well known-this may have had some influence

Status
Not open for further replies.