Legal Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joomla51

I've been running a commercial joomla template site and occasionally (once) I have a client who purchases a template and then discovers the template doesn't cover fully their needs.. at this point they email me with the big sad story and I then politely refund the $14 and all is happy.

But.....

Recently I notice (the) one such client has continued to use the template when they obviously should have stopped after I refunded them.

It doesn't really bother me and for the sake of $14 I don't plan on marching off to the supreme court! Having said that I wonder what should I do in the future... I run a demo server on my site where a potential client can fully test the template before a purchase and I offer total email support to help them get the template up and running but it seems a very easy way to getting a freebie by purchasing the template and then making some lame excuse (eg. not Mosaic compliant!) where I promptly refund the money.

I'm just curious where do I stand? Would I be in the right to refuse any refunds?

Considering the price of the templates they really aint worth any prolonged email correspondence to try and reclaim the money when they continue to use it so ideally I'd like to just refuse the refund but at the same time I try to offer a good service and would wonder on the happy medium?

Any help appreciated!)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
What do other template vendors put in their terms?

raul

If there are not your templates you can put "Because we only act as venue we do not warrant the reliability of products and therefore cannot provide a refund." on your Refund Policy area.
That's what most vendors out there do ...

Joomla51

Good idea Blacknight.. I'd never thought of that.

All I've checked are going along the lines of 'No Refund'.

eg.
"... All our products are digital goods, that is to say they are non-tangible goods, once they have been received, we have no control of duplications being made of the product. It is for this reason, we do not issue refunds on any of our products. If you are having trouble with your product, please make sure that you've carefully read all relevant documentation and tried out our demo... "

So think I'll follow suit.

Raul... designing these ones ourself but ty all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.