Status
Not open for further replies.

colmerg

Their lame support would turn me off straight away.

I personally think it's better to pay a bit extra and get support that actually answers you within a few hours instead of waiting days for a really unhelpful answer.

babyboy808

This means that if your website is offline for more than one hour you are able to claim a credit refund from us – we really are that confident in our technology!

One hour at a time? the whole year? what?

How to claim:
To claim for any downtime you must submit a ticket along with any supporting evidence from within your Online Control Panel. Any downtime is measured from the moment the ticket is received and authenticated by a member of the support team.
So if the ticket is not received by support before the hour is up, they don't have to refund you?

hosting365

Seems pretty sweet to me and seems to be well placed. I'm also very impressed with the new 100% uptime guarantee on their new cluster, which given how cheap the hosting is, makes it a very compelling option.

Our Uptime Guarantee | Register365

I agree Fintan - the pricing at Register365 now is pretty savage! That, with their 7 day a week direct phone support (and the support should improve now that they are on a platform their staff are familiar with), should make them a compelling offering for small business. Can't argue with €29.50 a year, with a €20 google adwords voucher to boot!

thebosdj

faster, stabler and a lot of restrictions!

There is a limit (from register365) for each domain :eek:

1. Combined web and email storage quota cannot be more than 2000MB.

2. Max bandwith qouta - 5 GB

3. Max POP 50

4. A limit of options in the controlpanel.

5. no website for the anonymous webmail

6. no software updates

Still a old version of MySQL -> 4.1

MySQL 4.1 Community Edition

* The current recommended version is MySQL 5.0 Community Edition
* MySQL 4.1 is in its extended support phase. We no longer routinely provide security updates in this location.
* Security fixes for MySQL 4.1 are only made available through the source repo

Conclusion: faster, stabler and a lot of restrictions!

hosting365

HOsting365 delivery better than industry average uptime = and our cloud platform has delivered 100% uptime for nearly 2 years now since it went live....

hosting365

There is a limit (from register365) for each domain :eek:

1. Combined web and email storage quota cannot be more than 2000MB.

2. Max bandwith qouta - 5 GB

3. Max POP 50

4. A limit of options in the controlpanel.

5. no website for the anonymous webmail

6. no software updates

Still a old version of MySQL -> 4.1

MySQL 4.1 Community Edition

* The current recommended version is MySQL 5.0 Community Edition
* MySQL 4.1 is in its extended support phase. We no longer routinely provide security updates in this location.
* Security fixes for MySQL 4.1 are only made available through the source repo

Conclusion: faster, stabler and a lot of restrictions!

Not sure where you are getting your data, but the website clearly statues MySQL 5, for example... There is also no mention of the restrictions you mention, and the platform allows Windows AND Linux plans in the same account, and supports the latest versions of everything I took a look at...

thebosdj

HOsting365 delivery better than industry average uptime = and our cloud platform has delivered 100% uptime for nearly 2 years now since it went live....

Ok i now that is the 1th of april but not funny... :cool: Sinds october 2008 until now there where 3 times down! Ok not on the cluster (since a few days is the cluster online).

thebosdj

Not sure where you are getting your data, but the website clearly statues MySQL 5, for example... There is also no mention of the restrictions you mention, and the platform allows Windows AND Linux plans in the same account, and supports the latest versions of everything I took a look at...

I have tried the new system so i now what i'm saying...
Look at forum.register365.com > general discussion > New cluster and hosting plans.... and see the screenshots. :rolleyes:

You have to choice windows or linux at the order ... in mysqladmin.ie (the admin site for the databases that you have at the new cluster) i have found that it was the old mySQL.

imported_Eoin_

Does uptime include the periods where any site connecting to a MySQL database is incredibly slow (but still technically available)?

I agree that their pricing is good, and if anyone asked me to recommend an affordable host for a basic website, I would point them to register365. But for anything that requires MySQL connectivity, I can't recommend them.

Maybe I've missed it, but do they not do reseller accounts? That's a must have for me.

hosting365

The new plans are on all new server clusters, including the databases, which fixes the issue with the legacy kit.

All the hosting plans support windows and linux websites in the same account, but if you need branded control panels, etc, in the reseller sense, you're probably better off with your own server or VPS running cpanel or plesk or similar...

harlemangel

So let me get this right ... if you are on one of the current reseller packages, when they move over to the new cluster, you will be forced to convert to one of the new packages, thus losing the reseller control panel with all its features?

Or am I wrong in this?

neweb

So let me get this right ... if you are on one of the current reseller packages, when they move over to the new cluster, you will be forced to convert to one of the new packages, thus losing the reseller control panel with all its features?

Or am I wrong in this?

I have a reseller package with them. Both containing Window's and Unix accounts.

Am I going to see this drop away!!

I have also setup a VPS basic account with blacknight that I intend moving my clients to over the coming year.

I don't think they can just drop the reseller accounts already set-up unless they are willing to offer a very good package.

Fintan

I have a reseller package with them. Both containing Window's and Unix accounts.

I have also setup a VPS basic account with blacknight that I intend moving my clients to over the coming year.

I don't think they can just drop the reseller accounts already set-up unless they are willing to offer a very good package.

Why don't you ask the company directly?

link8r

Try and see if you can get a backup restored on the R365 reseller accounts - my primary reason for moving, that and the woeful uptime. According to R365 Customer Care/Tech Support - all of the reseller/H*Sphere stuff is, ahem (laughs out loud), * Powered * by H365. Despite the huge * power *, they can no longer give me any backups. That and the servers are getting slower by the day but they won't move me. I'm also paying ten times what they advertise for resellers....

And - to Hosting365 (just because you can't seem to get a single fact straight despite claiming to be in the know) - they are offering reseller pricing: Reseller Web Hosting in Ireland | Premier Host | Register365

PremierHost

Reseller and web designer hosting

PremierHost is the ultimate in web hosting technology. The load balancing configuration of our new server cluster in Dublin provides stability that cannot be matched by any other Internet Service Provider in Ireland. This confidence is echoed in our 100% uptime guarantee allowing you to pass on this peace of mind to your customers.

hosting365

Link8r, despite your clear frustration, the reseller / premierhost plan does not compare to the hsphere offering as it does not allow control panels or branding. Also, we power -all- of register365 including their new clusters - it's simply not our responsibility if, a year later, namesco have not upgraded the legacy kit, or migrated customers sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.