New post / PM notification emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
For the last few versions vBulletin has been sending the body of the reply in the email for new post notifications - and the same with PMs.

As a result I suspect a lot of people are reading the emails rather than clicking through to the thread - I've also seen end users replying to the email instead of clicking through to reply on the thread.

Do you think that the message in the email is having a negative effect on your traffic (and possibly earnings)?

louie

Despite the fact that I do read the message reply in the email, I still click on the link to visit the tread, just in case there are more replies then just that one.

regarding the traffic it will have an impact on Alexa ranking if they have the toolbar installed (yours is very good - 98,145) and they don't click on the link to visit the website.
Replying to the email will not post it to the tread, and i think most of us already knows that.
I have seen a forum that had that future before, I think is the one I am using myself.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Louie

I wasn't referring to you. It was more of a general forum management / traffic etc., query

I've had plenty of emails in reply to threads from users on the Speed Test forum, for example :)

If I started getting them on here I would be very concerned!

M

louie

blacknight said:
If I started getting them on here I would be very concerned!

I was wondering and looked very strange to get this from here. We are so "called" experts...:)

I think you need a new tread for NON-WebDesigners requesting help, making offers, looking for an expert advice, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.