Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnyglennon

Simple but neat

Hi,
Perfect, Can't believe I didn't think of that myself:) I have made your change, and also a few tweaks on the 'Change Map Settings' menu. It looks much better I think. Can you see anything that is missing or a task which is not easy for a user to do first time? Or any other flaw, its the small ones that trip people up.
Vinny

vinnyglennon

New home page design

Hi all,
Thanks very much for the replies. I have since done a complete redesign of the front page, after reading your suggestions, to make the message clearer as to the purpose of the website. The unique selling point of useamap.com is that this is the only mapping service that provides you with simple to remember urls like useamap.com/ourplace to an event or location for free. Making a map is now a 2 step process. Please have a look at it and let me know if it is an improvement and of any areas still needing some work!
Best Regards,
Vinny

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Any chance of doing something about the logins?

I login to make a change. Save my settings. Go to make another change and get asked to re-enter my details :(

grandad

Hi Vinny,
I thought I'd give your site a go. I tried entering the placename in your URL textbox, and then I selected the place off the map. It just kept telling me to type in the placename in Step 1. This drove me mad as it kept going around in circles.

This morning I tried it in Internet explorer [I had been using Firefox 2.0.0.1] and it worked perfectly. Brilliant :D. I really like the site and concept.

However, the text entry frame that pops up is white with pale grey text on the prompts. It was only after, I realised I was supposed to use an e-mail rather than a username. So a) the text would need to be clearer and b) maybe you should have a test for a valid e-mail address?

It's a great idea and a great concept. Maybe just a few tweaks for Firefox users, and a bit of colour fiddling?

vinnyglennon

Changes

Hi,
Thanks very much for the feedback. Logins are now saved for a map, the need to log in every time has been removed. Good call.
As of yet, I have no idea why the vertical scroll beyond the footer appeared. This will need a little more work to fully solve.
I am working tonight on the valid e-mail address verifier. Hopefully it will be working by the morning. Any difficulties you have in using the system, let me know, as it makes it better for everyone.
Hoping to hear from you again!
Vinny.
P.S.

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
hey vinny,

Frist i've gotten round to looking at your site even though you told me about ages ago, have to say it's class alot better that you described it. I have concour with richardo somthing wrong in ff2 get on to it. also i'm on dialup at the mo and its a good bit slower that just using google maps so not sure whats causing that. Anyway see on the slopes in a few hours,
later man
fro

Status
Not open for further replies.