Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

Neither of those links are working for me. Are you sure your browser isn't pulling the site from a local file on your pc?

If not talk to h365 on their live chat thing, those Polish tech support guys they have are excellent.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
you are however getting an actual application error which is nothing to do with hosting365

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /AddHotel.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

[/FONT]

Forbairt

I think its a configuration file issue not a dns issue (at least to me it looks like that)

fonzi

I tried it on another machine that I hadn't visited it on and voila: it's there.
I don't like deleting my cache as I prefer to do as little typing as possible, I don't see why that should affect it, as whenever I change a page on the server and then hit F5 to see the changes on IE, it always looks the same.
The AddHotel.aspx page you tried to see Forbairt isn't there yet, only the Default.aspx.
Now all I have to do is redirect it to Central Reservations System when the user types in centralreservations.ie - H-SPHERE.
I tried the Redirect facility on my control panel but it doesn't do anything for me.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][/FONT]

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like a configuration issue on your end. You probably haven't removed the default holding page that was created when you signed up, so the server is spitting it out instead of your index page.

I'd remove the default page... if that doesn't fix it talk to your provider's support ..

It's NOT a dns issue. If it was you'd get host not found errors!

fonzi

This is ridiculous;I deleted Temporary Internet Files and History in IE but still it doesn't find Default.aspx!
I even put up a text file but it won't find that. It gives me back nothing when I enter www into the url. Everythings hunky-dory without the www.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You still haven't deleted the index file ....

If I actually append default.aspx to the URL it works fine .....

Forbairt

you do realise you've broken something in the site and none of your actual pages work apart from the main page ?

Forbairt

at least he wasn't choking the turkey .... (at 2 in the morning it makes some weird kinda sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.