.org .net .com of same domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

Hi, i'm considering buying up the .net and the .org of my personal domain name. I already have the .com. I'm planning on using all 3 domains for different aspects of the stuff i'm doing, so all 3 will have unique content.

My question, in relation to SEO, is this:
Would it be better to have 3 unique names instead? Would the SERPS see the 3 domains as being similar even if the content is different?

glengara

If the content is completely different you should be OK, but unless you've a specific reason for doing so it's usually a better idea to promote one largish domain than three small ones, particularly if you plan to interlink them.

RedCardinal

Glengara hit the nail on the head.

Is there any compelling reason to have 3 sites to promote over just one? You need 3 times the effort to promote 3 sites rather than 1 and your inbound links will (*might*) end up being split across the 3 sites.

Are you likely to confuse visitors looking for one aspect of your work when you have 3 semi-idntical domains but different themes on each?

If you want to buy the other domains, do and perhaps just redirect eveything to you main (aged an trusted) domain and use either subdomains or subdirectories for the 3 different areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.