Photos for client's website ...

• Ask client to get photographer to take them...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask client to take their own photos and send them to you...

• Grab your camera, get in your car, and take them yourself...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbee

If you're doing a website for a business, and you think that personal photographs of that business and the staff of that business, are appropriate.

How would you go about getting those professional grade photos ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It would depend on the budget

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
I would have a couple of my owns guys that I would always work with if the client didn't have photos. Then as the budget goes down I would take them myself or just buy them on istockphoto.

the guru

Ask client to get photographer to take them
Non professional images on a website look terrible. It will make the design look so much better and more professional if done by a pro or at least someone who knows what they're doing. also it may reflect on your work, anyone looking at your portfolio will assume that your took them and maybe choose not to use your company for design.

dbee

Right. What kind of budget are we talking about here though ? 1000 Euros / 5000 Euros ?

Thanks.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
:D

I have a camera ... but I wouldn't honestly be comfortable taking photos of the clients sites. As such I asked clients before to get photos themselves. They took them with their own digital camera and the results vary but they know they've taken the photos so the original quality is up to them.

I've worked with only 2 professional photographers before but my god the end results are impressive.

I don't think you could really charge going rates for photos that you take yourself unless you've a lot of experience and the end results are going to be very good.

Check out some local photographers and ask them how much it'd cost to visit a client and take some photos ... you may be able to get some kinda discount going as well if there's going to be some reoccuring business.

EdenWeb

Professional Dublin photographer

Contact a professional photographer. Corporate shots done in-house with a digital camera can look really cheap and unprofessional. On the other hand, a professional photographer will spend a few hours in post-production with the images and advise you on lighting and clothing for staff photographs and suitable set ups for product photography too.

End of blatant link-baiting and cronyism :)

Status
Not open for further replies.