Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Hmm... I'd probably meet for a pre meetup pint and wouldn't mind watching the match ... or I could just stalk from the distance :D

Normally with a group of french for the rugby would be so strange to watch it with .. irish people :D

davidbehan

Cool! :D

Fitzsimons in Temple Bar is good for the matches. Good mixture of six nations nationals in there. We can get a dirty kebab or something to sober us up before meeting the rest of the gang! :D

How does Fitzsimons sound? Or an alternative suggestion maybe?

Goodshape

Going to try and get to this myself (thanks for the Twitter heads-up, Menace!).

Assuming you've got room for a lowly Frontpage User ;)

I really must post on this forum more... if only to get rid of that slanderous tag-line!

- Goodshape / MicFlan

Forbairt

How does Fitzsimons sound? Or an alternative suggestion maybe?

So far so good for me ? as I said I'm not up in dublin that much ... last time being new years eve ... time before that was my stag and we don't remember much of that ...

RedCardinal

Yeah, Fitzsimons sounds good. I'll be there from 4:30 for the build up. :D
Jazus - you know it's a big event when it has its very own build up pre-event!

So I suggest now that if possible we do some promotion to let others know about this - maybe blog posts out of everyone to spread the word? Not sure what we should call this, but keeping it generic might be simplest - 'seo and webmaster meet-up' maybe?

The more interesting folk we can get to this the merrier :)

Date: Saturday February 9
Time: 7.30PM till whenever
Venue: Harbour Master, IFSC

BTW how many are we expecting now?

TheMenace

Jazus - you know it's a big event when it has its very own build up pre-event!

Build up for the rugby, dummy :p

So I suggest now that if possible we do some promotion to let others know about this - maybe blog posts out of everyone to spread the word? Not sure what we should call this, but keeping it generic might be simplest - 'seo and webmaster meet-up' maybe?

How about Irish Webmaster Forum meet-up?!

RedCardinal

How about Irish Webmaster Forum meet-up?!
I just thought it might be better not to make it appear as if it was a meet-up for some affiliated group. Make all and sundry feel welcome to attend if they like. I know people who dont post here have said to me they'd like to come along.

Forbairt

I was in the middle of posting on boards webmaster forum when I read this ...

Just called it a "Web Master Meetup"
Web Master Meetup - 9th February Dublin - boards.ie

My feeling is the more the merrier ... ( as in a good few of ye already know each other I'm yet to meet people on here ) I'm also active on both boards ... boards.ie having led me to becoming more active on here.

JamesFarrell

Please remove me from the list of attendees

Sadly I'm off to Birmingham the morning of February the 8th... :rolleyes:

Perhaps next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.