Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian5750

I find it amazing that Blacknight have email and servers down and everyone nods and smiles, and an issue with namesco, equally well communicated through their status site and neweb is baying for blood! If your client is running a critical ecommerce app, I would recommend either a move to namesco's new cluster, or a solution with appropriate SLA's.

Do you know what I find amazing ?
It's posts like this - at about the level behaviour of 8-year-old kids in the playground.

You're posting in a forum frequented by web professionals - and yet you still think it's 'smart' to try to promote the clowns at Namesco by rubbishing Blacknight - whose customer service and system reliability is streets ahead of Namesco's

What impression do you think this gives of your company, and of the one you're trying to promote....?

And, 'yes' - I was a customer of Reg365, way back when they were half-decent, and before they got flogged off to Namesco and everything fell apart. At considerable trouble and expense I migrated everything to Blacknight - and I'm glad I did - even with today's email problems.

Adrian

hosting365

adraian5750 - I'm not rubbishing anyone, I was making a comment. Anyone can compare register365status.com and blacknightstatus.com and make their own judgements about reliability and level of investment in infrastructure, I'm neither attacking nor defending anyone. Nor am I trying to promote anything to anyone.

neweb

Stephen,
Not sure if you can help with this but its very important.

As per my previous post with relation to my clients accounts (rolls247.com) being down.

I managed to gain access to the site via FTP only to find the entire content is gone. Thats 2 Ecommerce sites (one for UK and one for Ireland)

The server is empty but the mySql database is still there.

I really really need to get this account back on line and the content restored.

I know you said you no longer have anything to do with reg365 but you might be able to point me in the right direction in getting to the people who matter.

hosting365

Hi Alan,

1890 944 500 and ask for the support team manager, or Chirag Patel (the UK MD)

If all else fails, email me directly and I'll see if my intervention can help...

blueark

Still down for me, 48 hours later. No FTP either. Guess the Network Status page is always going to look good if it only includes their reliable servers. Hopefully it'll get sorted today...

neweb

Just been on to Reg365 and they tell me they know the information on the site is gone but they are in the process of restoring all data to win19 (where rolls247.com) is hosted. They also told me that, as the domain starts with R it could be later in the day or even tomorrow before the site is fully restored to full status. They are returning the data for sites alphabetically.

blueark

Good news indeed, pity our site begins with V though. Oh well, worry about it on Monday I guess.

Yes, the status page does provide some details of the win19 issue, although I'm sure my average client wouldn't have a clue what any of that is about, or if it even applies to them. They are only going to look at the big prominent graphic labelled 'Current Status'. It shows green lights for everything, which apparently means 'This service is fully operational'. Very misleading at best. Ok, so that probably only applies to their new cluster or something (although I can't see any specific mention of that), which brings us back to the point I was making: the Network Status page is always going to look good if it only includes their reliable servers. Long-standing customers can wait outside please. Win19 has been causing problems regularly for quite some time now, so whatever repairs they're doing, I really hope it sorts everything out once and for all.

coppsy

I don't get this at all. How can so many of my sites continue to be down since Tuesday!! It makes absolutely no sense.

A server goes down and we have to wait for it to be fixed???????
This is just daft.

Is there no backup system at all? No failover procedure? These are just simple static sites. No DB to be replicated, nothing to be kept in sync.

What kind of a service is this? Or am I expected to pay extra for a rudimentary failover facility?

Sunny Skies

Register 365

Does anyone know what the story is with register365 and the win19 server. My sites are all down with the last 3 days.

I understand it can take time to restore data but the lack of updates on the matter is driving me nuts.

If I had a definite time for when it would be up and running.

coppsy

Just been on to Reg365 and they tell me they know the information on the site is gone but they are in the process of restoring all data to win19 (where rolls247.com) is hosted. They also told me that, as the domain starts with R it could be later in the day or even tomorrow before the site is fully restored to full status. They are returning the data for sites alphabetically.

I have a domain beginning with 'ba' and still nothing happening.

Sunny Skies

Register 365

Yeah I rang them too and they told me it would be restored by 12pm today.

I asked about the alphabetic restore, but they said no, this was not the case that it coudl be random.

My domains are starting with dtm, liffey, drummonds etc

So if it was A-Z you'd expect them to be done by now.

I'm really annoyed with this. To be fair to date I've had very little problems with register365 but this is a major concern.

Lets hope things get back working soon.

coppsy

I've never had significant problems either but this really is beyond any justification.

Must say I'm looking at Blacknight's hosting plans and I'm wondering why I shouldn't move the lot over there.

coppsy

All sites still down. Stunning stuff.

From an objective point of view this is fascinating - like watching a train wreck happen.

From a customer point of view however - it's pretty unbelieveble. Don't know that I've ever experienced service quite like this.

Where is the love!!

Sunny Skies

Register 365

I can’t believe the restore is still going on. Have they lost the data or what. My sites are only brochure so I have all my own backups thank god

Do they know what they are actually doing.

I'd say Blacknights is in for a bumper month in January if this continues.

Disgraceful way to treat customers.

Bring back the boys from hosting 365 at least you could talk to them

Sunny Skies

Register 365

Its beyond a joke at this stage. Still no updates and sites are still down.

Now they have a problem with another server win3 as per the status page

coppsy

Still down.

My Jack Russell would have this sorted this out by now.

Let's see of we can make it a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.