Status
Not open for further replies.

dbee

So I've had this site up for a little while now. I haven't had the chance to run any major campaigns on it yet. But I'm continually looking for ways to improve my conversion rate on this one...

Can I get a general feel from a few of the people on here pls ?

Do you think this site does a good job in selling this product ?

Cheers

http://www.FlowerHour.biz

dbee

Hi 3rigena,

Sure, no problem. It's better to get bad reviews, than no reviews at all right ... ;)

* In terms of the design, I was looking for a light-brochure feel to the site when I sat down to design it. Maybe something with a little more gravitas would be preferable.

* Using <tables> for the login form seems logical to me. It's practically tabular data IMO. Regardless though, it's not really something that I'd worry about either way.

* The product hasn't been SEO'd for a reason. There is no market segment for this product, nor is there any keywords to look to. I'm going to wait till this industry matures before I'd start with a proper SEO campaign. I'm not about to waste my time building a campaign in the SERPs around terms like 'florist' or 'flowers'.

The biggest issue with the site at the moment IMO, is it's lack of authority. That and the testimonial issue are the two big things I hope to look at soon enough..

I would be interested to hear more people's comments with regards to the design though ... does anyone feel that it's 'cheap' ?

Would you trust a site like that with your client list if you were a florist ? If not, why not ?

Cheers

effect

very cheap, there's no structure to the design, it's clear that it is an amateur attempt. I really don't know where to start, i cannot say improve this or that, just scrap it, also a website for a florist, why can't I see a clear professional image of a bouquet of flowers??

dbee

Right. Thanks 3rigena :) I'm happy to have your opinion.

BTW: it's not a flower site. It's a customer relationship management service for florists. The site doesn't really have anything to do with flowers directly. I don't want people to mistake it for a flower shop (task failed obviously)...

I've probably done better designs in the past, certainly I've done more structured ones. However I was under the impression that this design was a little bit off-beat, but nonetheless it had a certain charm ? I guess maybe I was off the mark then .... I'm much more of a coder than a designer, so I'm happy to take on board any criticism that I feel is relevant.

I'm not selling flowers, I'm selling an idea to florists. The similarity to the e-book sites perhaps isn't too far off, I'm selling an idea online just as they are. I'm not selling a commodity here, I'd hesitate to burden the site with too much structure give too much of an authoritarian feel ... but maybe I should look into a design that is more orthodox. People may not find the e-book sales template to be a design that they like, but nonetheless it's a proven way to sell a product on the net.

I've done another design here ( http://recruitage.com ) that I'd see as being more traditional. Does anyone think that the same kind of design would work ?

What kind of design template should I be looking for with this product, do you think ?

I am happy to get feedback though, please don't get upset if you don't think I'm immediately going to take onboard everything you say. I wouldn't be asking for feedback if I didn't think there were improvements to be made ;)

anyone else have any comments ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's not clear what the site's purpose is

The logo should link back to the main page

The contact page doesn't contain any tangible contact details

It doesn't instill any confidence

What does it actually do? Why don't you have a demo or screenshots or something?

dbee

Thanks Blacknight. I think you might have a good point there...

I'm in the process of 'spicing it up a bit'. I'm going to add some video footage and a basic intro. I'm a bit nervous to rely on video footage though, since broadband roll out still isn't as widespread as I'd like it to be.

I can find some figures on OECD.org, but does anyone have anything which shows the ratio of broadband to narrowband users for various countries ?

In terms of flowerhour, i think it's a site that could do with a video presentation. There's too much material there for your average non-techie florist to slog through.

What would your position on 'fronting' a site with a video presentation be ? I guess the site is aimed at the big, first-world, English speaking countries ( to begin with ) ...

Maksymus007

does not work with Opera 9.22. Can see only half of page, big blue label covering other texts.
Well my general feeling is - ugly. Sorry, but this mix of colors...

caminowebmaster

I am no great shakes as a designer - you will have to see redfly about that - but I looked at your site and whatever you are selling does not jump out - that is a problem.

Ciarán Mc Cann

First thing I spot in a second of looking at your website is there is no header, or no really good distinction of were the site starts, something that the eye see the second it views the page, the colour scheme is all over the shop and the images need a lot of touching up, or you need completely new ones, Photoshop: D .Also just to go back to the bit about the header, I should know within about 10secounds of me loading the page what your site is about in a glance, ie header image or large logo etc. With out this I don’t really feel like reading anything else to find out what the site is about.

Hope this helps

babyboy808

Who are you tested with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.