Status
Not open for further replies.

Seodude

hello Distinguished ones

I am looking at setting up an new site for Seo‘s. The idea behind it is that selected Seo’s will have profile’s up on the site. The client will then pick who best’s suits their needs. I add on a commission and you get what ever you charge. Win/win

EdenWeb

How will the profiles be listed. IE Alphabetically or by Paid Ranking etc.
Is it International or limited to Ireland?

Seodude

I was thinking more on the site’s you have the most experience optimizing. It would be for the Irish market, I want to put focus on Irish Seo’s instead of companies outsourcing to different countries. But the site might just become a source for the international market.

Zoltar

I think this is a good idea but will be difficult for you to implement because of one main reason, SEO is a service and not a product. I don't think many SEO providers have 'packages' or 'products' as such that consumers can simply select from your site; but perhaps i am wrong about that.

I see the problem being this:

How will the consumer make a selection that you can distinguish as a sale on your site and therefore charge the SEO provider accordingly?

Perhaps it might work better if your site was the service and you charged SEO's an annual fee for hosting their profile on the site.

Either way I would be interested in submitting a profile it all helps.

Seodude

I think this is a good idea but will be difficult for you

How will the consumer make a selection that you can distinguish as a sale on your site and therefore charge the SEO provider accordingly?

Perhaps it might work better if your site was the service and you charged SEO's an annual fee for hosting their profile on the site.

Either way I would be interested in submitting a profile it all helps.

Well the consumer will have to pay in order to view the Seo’s profile. I don’t want to charge Seo's in Ireland I just want to help growth. It’s up to the Seo if he wants to do a package or contract. I may ask the Seo for a link in return;) and there will be a screening process :eek:.

Redfly

Well the consumer will have to pay in order to view the Seo’s profile. I don’t want to charge Seo's in Ireland I just want to help growth. It’s up to the Seo if he wants to do a package or contract. I may ask the Seo for a link in return;) and there will be a screening process :eek:.

Why would ANYONE pay to view a company profile when it is on their website anyway?

If an SEO company cannot be found by their target audience using a search engine, they have no business offering SEO services to their clients.

Gavin

Well the consumer will have to pay in order to view the Seo’s profile.

Another problem is that people tend to see SEO as either very costly or an industry full of cowboys. Charging before even starting the SEO process would be very off putting.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why on earth would anyone pay to view information that they can find online easily?

Seodude

Well because that’s whats going on at the moment. Companies in Ireland are hiring agents to find them Seo’s, to tell you the truth they have know idea what to look for! That’s why I think it would work. If I launched a site with good Seo’s .I will give you a example , paddy powers are looking a Seo and they hired 1-800 People to find one. The contract is worth quite a lot.:eek: Because I do in-house work I get a lot of calls that’s why my idea came about.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Only a very small number of companies would hire someone to find them SEO.

There is no way that I would pay to get information from a directory and I would urge clients (big and small) not to either.

As previously mentioned - all the info is online for free, so expecting anyone to pay for it is just mad.

Seodude

I am in house Seo for buyandsell.ie I have been working for them for the last 2 months. They found me trough an online company. If you wondering can I do my job the answer is yes and i know i am good at what i do. if you to Google type in free ads or classified ads , ads for free, online shops, they are now ranking high in all of those keywords . I have also worked for a lot of us companies as I was based in Jacksonville Florida for 2 years (pain in the bum). I mostly work on E-commerce sites.

Ps: the work you done on velvet night club site "amazing" . ( its my local nightclub)

Redfly

These guys have been doing a guide to SEOs for a number of years, they're fairly well thought of within the industry IIRC, it may be worth your while getting your hands on one and seeing how they do things...

[SherpaStore] Buyer's Guide to SEO Firms 2007 Buyer's Guide to Paid Search Agencies 2007

Marketing Sherpa has the BEST landing page book on the planet. Worth ten times that apparently high price tag.

Search Marketing World 07 next week are doing a seminar too on how to choose a Search Marketing Agency or SEO. Should be good.

Redfly

I am in house Seo for buyandsell.ie I have been working for them for the last 2 months. They found me trough an online company. If you wondering can I do my job the answer is yes and i know i am good at what i do. if you to Google type in free ads or classified ads , ads for free, online shops, they are now ranking high in all of those keywords . I have also worked for a lot of us companies as I was based in Jacksonville Florida for 2 years (pain in the bum). I mostly work on E-commerce sites.

Ps: the work you done on velvet night club site "amazing" . ( its my local nightclub)

I was not having a go at you at all! Honestly, I have never actually worked in house in Ireland. I was really just trying to get some info, not have a pop at your idea.

Working on ecommerce sites is great. I love the accountability. I love how every last tiny little detail can be measured and love how you can see to the cent how much each keyword generates.

Thanks for the comment on Velvet. It's actually my local too now ;)
Where do you live?

Seodude

Don't worrie about it, I was just trying to say i am a real SEO and not out of a cornflake box:D . I am from malahide ( yeah i know la di da). I tell you one thing been in house is not easy , but it is rewarding and really adds to the old portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.