Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfly

Well done Niall. Yea, the hard slog is ahead of you.

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but in most cases with generic terms like this it is not worth your time optimizing for a single generic word. We were on page one for Web Design on google.com and to be honest, we stopped actively going after it. (I know, my sig is still "Active"). We did and still do get a lot of traffic but it is mostly just crap browsing traffic. At this stage, it's just vanity.

There IS an advantage however when it comes to stemming. Bill Slawski has a great article on stemming here. Have a read, it has some great stuff in it.

What sort of traffic are you getting from the term and how well is it converting for you?

3rigena

Guten morgen Dave, (or maidin mhaith if you are back in Ireland). thanks for your reply.

Thanks for the article link - I am stemmed up to the max it seems - I have never been one to put all of my leprachauns in the one basket.

Some Keyword Rankings (for ukgamblingforums)

#10 out of about 59 Million for keyword "gambling" on google
#11 for "UK Gambling" on Google
#12 for "betting forum" on google
#13 for "Gambling forum" on google
#24 for "UK Poker" on Google
and a bunch more...

Traffic Stats for last 30 days
9,571 Visits
5.31 Pages/Visit
40.84% Bounce Rate
52,649 Pageviews
00:03:11 Avg. Time on Site
57.57% % New Visits

ad revenues for last month [FAT] :D - conversions are good and of course being gambling based, I get a revenue share for LIFE from referrals.

RedCardinal

Nice going Niall

They're some nice stats, and turning in a nice bit of cash also. The other thing I'd add to Dave's comment is that you might be as well off not letting the cat out of the bag, so to speak.

Not to mention that I wouldn't go drawing too much attention to yout link building tactics if you're hoping to remain on the white side of the fence.

All in all though, well done on your success.

Rgds
Richard

RedCardinal

I am not quite sure what you mean regarding "remaining on the white side of the fence" - presumably you mean that I will have to sink to blackhatting if the competition try to catapult themselves above me by finding out how I got to where I am.
Techdirt: Online Gambling... For A Living

Sort of looked like you sank there already :D

In fairness to do well in this space your going to have to get into the spammin&jammin side of SEO... sheer fact of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.