Single or Multiple Google accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweb

I'm looking for some advice with relation to Adwords and analytics

This has been bothering me for a while now and I just can't find the best solution. Here is my problem!

I have about 7 clients that want to try out Google Adwords. I want to tie in there Google Analytics that I have on my Google account but not sure if I can.
I have a Google account with 12 clients listed. I enter 1 username and password (my own) and I can then access all client stats.

Here is my question.
When creating adword and analytics accounts do I:

A. create different Google accounts for each client and tie all there information into it. (me using different login in for each client account)

B. Use my own account and create Analytics and adword accounts with a group name for each client.

I have been going over this for ages but still can't decide what route to take.
Any advice on this one. Its driving me nuts.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
So you're managing multiple client adwords accounts?

Have you tried asking Google?

Tom

How I would do it is have each client setup and use their own Google account and their own Adwords accounts. You can then manage their Adwords accounts using Adwords MCC (my client center) and add their websites to analytics. So with just one (or maybe 2, depends how you've setup) Google account for yourself you can log in and manage all of your clients adwords accounts and view analytics for all of their websites. Your clients will also be able to manage/view their own Adwords accounts and view reports for just their website on Analytics. You'll need to setup user access in analytics etc.

So basically one Google account for you, and a Google account for each client, that's how I would go about it anyway.

neweb

So you're managing multiple client adwords accounts?

Have you tried asking Google?
Actually no. It never even crossed my mind :)

I figured the people who use it most would have the best answers as to the direction of account setup. Might drop them an email.

How I would do it is have each client setup and use their own Google account and their own Adwords accounts. You can then manage their Adwords accounts using Adwords MCC (my client center) and add their websites to analytics. So with just one (or maybe 2, depends how you've setup) Google account for yourself you can log in and manage all of your clients adwords accounts and view analytics for all of their websites. Your clients will also be able to manage/view their own Adwords accounts and view reports for just their website on Analytics. You'll need to setup user access in analytics etc.

So basically one Google account for you, and a Google account for each client, that's how I would go about it anyway.
I think this might be the cleanest route to take. I like this idea and its kinda the direction I was heading in.

Status
Not open for further replies.