Status
Not open for further replies.

fennk

Hi all,
I was wondering if I could get some advice and tips for my site.
I have been working on it for the last couple of months, changing content, titles and descriptions to try rank better. While I am not doing too bad I seem to have hit a dead end.
Is my content ok?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am working on link building but having trouble finding relevant sites for my niche.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Keith.

woodaledesigns.ie

K

Kieran

Hi

Your site looks great, smart, well laid out but your keywords in your meta are not geared towards your market. I think that the site with some SEO support and changes would do very well. I am knowledgeable but not an expert but there are plenty on this forum can help you.

I suggest you spend similar time and effort on SEO as on the site. Your meta keywords do not look optimal as the niche has lots of traffic per Google Keywords e.g. Fitted Kitchens has 2400 searches in Ireland for May your text does not have it anywhere let alone in a header. I would revamp the text leave the graphics alone (obviously your site was done by a GD / Dreamweaver expert not an SEO expert - you need both). Plus sin of sins you have no site map submitted to Google - this is search 101 Google will take longer to find plus your site is no verified. I bet your traffic is pretty low.

Your designer of site should have done this as a baseline part of the service. If you need advice on this shout the forum can help. Give me a shout if you want for more advice (again for free I don't mind helping you out on the basics)......

Kieran

fennk

Hi Kieran,
Thanks for the advice even though I don't understand some of it!
For my keyword "Fitted Kitchens" I am on the first page of Google.ie. I am also in the top ten for any kitchen name mentioned on the site. I was in the top ten for "Kitchen designs & design" up to two days ago, it may come back.
I don't know much about web design or seo but looking at my serp's I am not doing too bad. As far as traffic I am getting from 1,000 - 1,500 a month, it was 400 per month on the previous site.
I really don't have the money to spend on SEO so was hoping to do as much work as possible myself. I have also found that I do not sell kitchens from the site - it acts as an online brochure and a form of advertising only.
I think that some quality links would help me and just can't see myself spending 2k+ for SEO at this time.
Again, thanks for your help and hopefully more people will offer me some advice.

Keith.

K

Kieran

Apologies I didn't look down the first page. Can you explain so what you want the site to do for you. I guess what you need to analyse is where the traffic is going ' and if it is generating calls to you. I suspect it is and as you describe it is an excellent marketing tool for you.

If you examine your Google Analytics traffic a bit more closely it will help see where the traffic is going with people through your site and perhaps tweaking more people towards the contact form.

One suggestion pop the phone number up on the header more prominently. It is a fine site... Small Suggestion is replace the & symbol with an and dump the Carlow Kilkenny as they aren't search terms in the first place... could be wrong here so over to the experts....

Anybody else with suggestions?

fennk

Thanks Kieran,

I have changed the & text. I will have to leave the Carlow/Kilkenny as I get great traffic from them through longer phrases ie. fitted kitchens Carlow, kitchen suppliers Carlow (or Kilkenny).

Cheers,
Keith.

AAA

I love your design! Great work! It looks simple, crystal clear and straight to the point - love websites with this criteria!

TIP: You mentioned having troubles with SEO, well maybe because your first page content is fixed.. it doesn't change -> well google doesn't like that, think about putting your latest works on the first page, you can just make the site longer and people would see at the botton latests works, dates of those works and a brief description and don't forget an ALT image meta tag to your pictures ;)

fennk

Hi AAA,
Thanks for the reply.. I will try take that on board, its a bit difficult when I am not the greatest at using the CMS!
The design of the site etc was nothing to do with me but thanks, it does look good and works well. The look of the site can scare people off sometimes as the work tends to look expensive to potential customers... I do need to tidy up some of the text on the other pages I added it to give customers a guideline price of our work.
Reading over my first post I can see that it may look like I am looking for SEO secrets. This is not the case, I just wanted guideline advice.
Anyway thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.