Status
Not open for further replies.

byronyasgur

hi - i am looking for some kind of pre built system that i can build a social networking site on. I had a go of dolphin a couple of years ago and wasnt amazingly impressed and i have heard that it is buggy with slow support --- but something along those lines i suppose. I know there are a few out there so i will be getting through them, but i need one feature in particular, and that is some kind of points system that awards points to members based on their activity on the site, so for instance gaining points for every upload, for every new connection made, plays of videos, that type of thing. Does anyone know if any such thing exists? Also this is probably just going to be a hobby site/experiment to begin with so i havent really factored in a big outlay for software.

byronyasgur

thanks - i suppose i kind of overlooked the obvious ones ( i suppose the joomla on is community builder - i have actually played with it a bit but i never thought there was a points system ).... will check those few out thanks

Irl_Designer

I have had previous experience implementing and customizing the Elgg software. The community edition is freeware.
There is an active community of developers offering free plugins and templates to get you started.

A quick google search of elgg . org will see you on the right track. Sorry, but can't post links yet.
Best of luck with your idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.