social networking.. where to next

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilution.ie

Slight bit of irony in this PR via SMM!!

thanks for that welcome

I am actually here because I am a novice web designer, it seemed appropriate at the time to use my homepage name as my user name on a webmasters forum, so thats what I did!

Here's the original blog post, I did change it slightly for this forum...

Have You Been Facebooked?
I think its safe to say, most of us have facebook accounts. Its a pleasurable way to pass the hours in work, by harrassing all your friends with unwanted digital gifts, virtual drinks and IQ tests your pet could ace.

But most unsuspecting users dont realise they are helping build the empire of a young 23 year old Harvard drop-out named Mark Zuckerberg.

Facebook is worth about €15 billion based on the relevant equity stake Bill Gates purchased recently. That puts a fair bit of cash in Zuckerbergs pocket.

So what does the toddler CEO do with all his wealth?

He turned up to a CBS 60 Minute special in a hoodie and sandals and maintains he sleeps on a mattress on the floor in his one bedroom apartment.

Whats his typical day like? He turns up late for work looking like he was dragged behind the commuter bus and writes code at his desk.

Am I envious? Yes, very. This guy is like an assualt on the senses and breaks every corporate American cliche there is. He makes Gates look like a granny in a sewing circle.

He runs a €15 billion operation from a laptop. And still rolls his sleeves up to write some code every day, probably because it makes him happy.

Full interview.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/10/60minutes/main3697442.shtml?source=mostpop_story

searchcreations

No need to take offence on this as my meaning was in relation to their PR of Mark Zuckerberg. :)
I have actually been doing similar research to yourself and posted a similar thread looking for local examples of either success stories or indeed failures around SMM. Nothing back yet and will be surprised if we get many success stories at this stage of its development into the Irish market.

Status
Not open for further replies.