Swapping Web Links, the best way to find link exchange partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman290

hi Guys

Sorry mods if this is posted in wrong section, and apologies at all is seems like a real basic stupid question, but I am a begineer and trying to learn myself, I am not a pro, and just doing some basic sites.

What is the best way of finding partner sites to do link swap exchanges with?

This is what I have been doing myself, so any extra ideas or tips would be great, as long as they are basic, as I have been using godaddy.com which is easy, and I hardly even know HTML, just a few basic things.

I am Irish but I am based in Thailand right now. and I have a Self Defence web site to promote an upcoming seminar, and later classes in Krav Maga Self Defence.

So find link parterners this is what I did. I should say my site if I can post it Krav Maga Self Defence Thailand Bangkok Pattaya Thailand Martial Arts is only a tempoary godaddy site, as I got a good web guy, who has good SEO skills, working on a slick professional design for me, which wil be aleast another month before we can post it the the URL above. In the mean time, I followed his tips. and got link exchanges requests going. I do show up in google.com and yahoo.com and msn.com under "self defence thailand" and "krav maga thailand" usually with top 5 rankings.

1. I am getting linked to the Self Defence Assoc I belong to home site, that will be done in another week or so. Once that is done, I will approach the other 7 or 8 Self Defence Schools, that belong to the HQ and ask them to Swap links too. They should all agree once they seem I am on the HQ site.

2. I emailed people I know in Martial Arts clubs in Ireland, and asked them to exchange links, this is an on going process. Obviously it takes time, for the lads to get my link on their web site, and I have to log into godaddy and post their links, which I plod along at , like a fumbling beginner.

3. I did a web search for Self Defence Schools and emailed them asking to exchange links. This again takes tims, some have come back and linked me, some have not, and I am working through others. Some i have to link them first and prove link works before they link my site.

4. As I am in Thailand, I linked to some Thailand non martial arts web sites and did exchanges with them. and they got my links going. also got on to some Thailand web site listing pages.

5. I post on some Self Defence forums and I got Krav Maga Self Defence Thailand Bangkok Pattaya Thailand Martial Arts in my signature. I make sure I do a few posts a day on them.

6. In godaddy I also own some other similar URLS and Masked them to forward to kravmagathailand.com like http://www.kravmagathailand.com and Thailand Martial Arts Self Defence Krav Maga I

also got a google ads word for http://www.kravmagathailand.com and a 2nd ad word for http://www.kravmagathailand.com figuring people will search for "self defence" more so as opposed to Krav Maga, which we are the first to introduce to Thailand on a full time basis. the state in google say much more people are clicking http://www.kravmagathailand.com as I guesstimated they would.

7. I am not sure if this is cheating a bit, but the site are listing in yahoo.com and anyway, we are have 2 seperate schools in these locations so to me that is a legit reason to have another site.
Tactical Krav Maga Self Defence Martial Arts School Bangkok Thailand and

Tactical Krav Maga Pattaya Thailand Self Defence Martial Arts Home which have links pages on them too.

So far it for a complete beginner, it is getting me up on the engines as far as I can see. and I am appearing in the top 3 engines, under my specifice search terms Krav Maga Thailand and Self Defence Thailand.. of course in godaddy on page properties I have many other martial serach words in there like Martial Arts Thailand, Karate Bangkok etc etc etc.

My main site is probably not optimised to good for SEO, as I have not a clue on that, and anway in a month or two, I got a new site coming along.

The goal is we have 2 seminars in july to fill, so I wanted to get some action and web rankings started, even if the sites are crappy. and it seems to be working ok.

Also I posted on free classifed thailand add sites, the main web site.

and I got it in a few email signatures, and if you email me on the web site you get an auto reply with info on our seminar which has the links too.

Am I on the right track?

I mean the site is ranking in the top 3 engines, so if that is happening , I must be doing ok, for someone who has not a clue. having said that self defence is a very niche serach for thailand (it is not the muay thai boxing sport market we are in).

Also I got 2 other domains selfdefencebangkok.com and selfdefencpattya.com over the coming week or 2, I am going to turn these into "Free Self Defence Tips " and writing a 1 or 2 pager godaddy template on Self Defence tips and advice. and have at bottom link to my main site.

Also I got a forum on my main site, which I have not added much to yet. but I think that will help too.

Sorry for long post, hope someone can tell me I am doing ok or not?

Thanks

Gerry

Gavin

Hi Gerry. No sorry I meant links coming from other site owners. In other words, they link to your site without you having to link back.

Best if you try and not interlink any of your own sites.

Gman290

Ah right got you... I linked to a few Thai sites as the site I m pimping is obviously in thailand, and you had to link them first before they will link you, so I listed them all to check back, ask again and if no answer, remove their links.

Thanks

G

Gavin

you had to link them first before they will link you, so I listed them all to check back, ask again and if no answer, remove their links.

A really old school method of building links and to be honest I have always found it the biggest waste of time in terms of SEO.

The relevant forum posting is something I always recommend to anyone for a number of reasons. Not only will it help with certain aspects of SEO but it will also attract highly targeted visitors. I previously did a post on traffic from forums, it might help give you some ideas.

If I was in your shoes I would cease the exchange link building and one way link building until your new site is live. The more attractive your site is to a webmaster the more chance he/she will be happy to link to it. Keep at the forum posting and build up your presence within each one, the more popular you are the more hits your sites will pick-up.

Is you Adwords campaign converting for you? I would have re-think on adwords unless the traffic is generating leads or sales but there again that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.