Taxation Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogi21

Hello,

I just moved here and run couple of website and I would like to know some basic things.

Do I have to register as a business?
How is the taxation, what forms do I need to fill out?
Any other tips for an Ireland Beginner?

Thank you,

J

jogi21

Income

Well,

that does not really help me, refering me just to an other service. I signed up for this forum to find out how other people are handling things and not o get refered to a service I have to pay for.

Let's say I can live from the profits running thoses website .... where can I read about it?

For example I found this

The Irish Revenue Commissioners: Taxation and Duty Information

But I would like to read more ... any help?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
that does not really help me, refering me just to an other service. I signed up for this forum to find out how other people are handling things and not o get refered to a service I have to pay for.

That's the service we are using and when it comes to taxation only a qualified accountant would be able to give you all the information you require.

Other people on this forum are contractors so they maybe in a better position to give you some advice.

louie

Well,

Getting smart on the forum is not going to get you any answers.
People have different way of looking at things.

You ask a question to get an answer. If the answer is too complicated or too long to be written in a forum you get a link to follow. Makes our life as users a litle bit less complicated. Nobody gets paid for this so take what you can get. If you don't like it, then try doing a search in Google and you will get some answers.

grandad

What is an RBN ... someting with Business Number ??? I have no idea:D

RBN = Registered Business Name. You can set up as a sole trader [as destinct from a registered company]. This will provide you with the necessaries for banking, registering a .ie, etc.

P.S. I agree with Louie above :)

scoby

I registered a business name. I submitted an application online.
and was sent a form with details already filled in. Once I had signed it and returned it with €20 my cert was issued after about 2 weeks IIRC.

I used the RBN number during the registration for my dot ie address which is the only thing I've used it for so far.

I think you can use it to open a business bank account as a sole trader. Tha account name would be 'Your Name' Trading as 'Your business name'

dhandaulat33

no taxation without representation

[FONT=&quot]Hello everybody, I thought that the Stamp Act of 1775 was the start of colonist being upset that they had no representation in Parliament but from what I have researched, colonist started the phrase "no taxation without representation" in 1773, just two years before the stamp act. What happened in 73 that started this? What were the first items the colonist was forced to pay taxes on? [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.