Status
Not open for further replies.

andywozhere

A TNS Poll of 27,500 people in 16 countries found that the Chinese spend 44% of their leisure time online and Brits 28% (the poll didn't cover Ireland). A few stats from the 2,500 people surveyed in Britain - in the past month:

Used a search engine 80%
Used online banking 76%
Looked up the news 75%
Paid bills 66%
Looked up the weather 62%
Used a price comparison site 60%
Watched a video clip 55%
Listened to an audio clip 44%
Visited a social networking site 37%
Shared photos 33%
Downloaded music 32%
Sold something 22%
Visited an adult-only website 16%
Used a chatroom 13%
Used an online dating site 8%
Entered virtual world/community 7%

Article on the poll

n3tFl0w

Used a search engine 80%

I find this figure ridiculously low... How did 20% of these internet users not use a search engine in a month??

Makes me wonder about the rest of the results. However, except for that, its interesting enough to read.

nevf

I find this figure ridiculously low... How did 20% of these internet users not use a search engine in a month??

Makes me wonder about the rest of the results. However, except for that, its interesting enough to read.

I would have imagined maybe 5-10%, but I dunno, maybe thats right... I don't know how though.

There's a lot of people using price comparison sites there though. I couldn't possibly imagine the figure would be that high in Ireland.

Also, the paid bills bit - 66% in Ireland - Never. Maybe 30% Max. :)

andywozhere

10% may not be savy enough to know that they are using a search engine.

The high proportion of people using a price comparison site might indicate an opportunity for someone out there to develop a good Irish price comparison site?

nevf

Indeed, there's defintley a hole there to be filled in the irish market. but the other side of looking at it, is that there's very heavy marketing and competition, both tv and radio advertising in the UK, so it is inevitable that it would create more traffic to those sites - but they must be getting their money somewhere... This area is defo worth a bit of research anyway - but for someone to do a site like this, I'd imagine it would take a lot of work.

andywozhere

Hi forum:
In my opinion if just the 22% of the Chinese population had sold something in their live shows that the majority of Chinese people are employed!!!! There are no business creators!!
It’s a sad history.
Karl Strauss
Economist
Harvard University

Aren't the US Senate being asked to vote on a $825 billion economic stimulus package?

Those in glass houses...

Status
Not open for further replies.