Updating a php based site from any computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciller

Hi there,
Do you any of you know 'CPanel' hosting manager? Well it contains a file manager that gives you the ability to login and edit files of any type (php, css, .htaccess, etc ) of a website. I am going to be away from my dev environment for a while but I still want to be able to update my site from anywhere with internet access e.g. internet cafes, etc. as i do not have a laptop.

So i was wondering do you know of any other packages like this that i could install on a server? I can't even think of the proper name for this sort of program so i can do a proper search on google, would it be "web file manager" or something.

Thanks,
Cill

Cormac

I tried Weeble before but I recall getting some socket related error messages or something similar.

I have since used PHPfileNavigator, the web file manager without any problems. It has better functionality too from what I can remember of Weemble.

SourceForge and Hotscripts are two search engines which are better than Google when you're looking for scripts like this.

louie

I prefer Remote Desktop more then anything else but if that's not an option then PHPFileNavigator will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.