Webmaster Tools top search queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOH

The webmaster tools dashboard lists the top search queries for your site and what position you appear in - but for which regional search?

I'm presuming if you've told GWT that you're targeting Ireland that these positions are based on google.ie ? But are the listed queries those that were searched for on google in general, or just in Ireland?

I'm assuming it's general search queries and local position figures, but just want to confirm this.

In other news, google has made an addition to the GWT keywords page to allow you find which pages each keyword appears in

gbonnet

The results are global. If you want to find out your ranking in a specific country you need to narrow it down. At the top, you'll see a line with 'Show' and there you have various options to filter the results, for example, only web searches from google.ie.

Tbh, I pay only a short attention to this data.

The new keyword thing is interesting, but can only point out major problems in the website's texts and semantic.

MOH

The results are global. If you want to find out your ranking in a specific country you need to narrow it down. At the top, you'll see a line with 'Show' and there you have various options to filter the results, for example, only web searches from google.ie.

Tbh, I pay only a short attention to this data.

The new keyword thing is interesting, but can only point out major problems in the website's texts and semantic.

Yeah, not sure how much value the is in the new keyword thing.

I'd somehow failed to notice that filter :eek:
On the plus side, I'd assumed they were local results because of the results - delighted with the global rankings for some of those keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.