Website Feebback/General Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

IASP71

Hi,

To all of you out there, I'm a new user, just registered. I've read posts on this site before, but finally got around to registering.

I'm non techie, I'm not a web master- nor any master for that matter, just a 9-5'er who wanted to learn more about the web and was curious so took a few thoughts to set up a few sites.

So, feedback, general comment would be appreciated on the following website.

irishamericanstoryprojectdotcom

As I have no technical ability, I got the website built on elance and have had a few tweaks done on scriptlance. I was just curious to see would the concept of american people writing about their Irish heritage be of interest.

Anyway, hit me with your thoughts. As for the question. What am I trying to achieve the site, I'm not really sure, but I find it really interesting each time a new story is posted.

All feedback welcome. I'm a bigboy. (Although I may regret saying that)

Thanks in advance.

Brian

IASP71

Feedback

Paul,

Thanks for that. I presume that is a simple enough upgrade of wordpress, as in setting do not need to be upgraded etc etc.

Toiletroll

Hi,

To all of you out there, I'm a new user, just registered. I've read posts on this site before, but finally got around to registering.

I'm non techie, I'm not a web master- nor any master for that matter, just a 9-5'er who wanted to learn more about the web and was curious so took a few thoughts to set up a few sites.

So, feedback, general comment would be appreciated on the following website.

irishamericanstoryprojectdotcom

As I have no technical ability, I got the website built on elance and have had a few tweaks done on scriptlanc american people writing about their Irish heritage. I was just curious to see would the concept of be of interest.

Anyway, hit me with your thoughts. As for the question. What am I trying to achieve the site, I'm not really sure, but I find it really interesting each time a new story is posted.

All feedback welcome. I'm a bigboy. (Although I may regret saying that)

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Sell them some turf...

n3tFl0w

Sell them some turf...

I don't know what this means but...

Its a very nice idea... I like it. I think the design could be a little better but I can't really advise on that.

Interesting concept letting anyone post - Is every post moderated before being allowed to go live?

IASP71

N3,

Posts go live after being posted, I can delete/edit the next day, bit so far there has been little to delete.

It has a PR2 of two which I'm happy about....roll on 3.....if I can get it.

Anouilh

It's a lovely site. The stories are interesting and I'll be sending your link to friends in Australia who are interested in tracing families across the Globe. Well done!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
N3,

Posts go live after being posted, I can delete/edit the next day, bit so far there has been little to delete.

It has a PR2 of two which I'm happy about....roll on 3.....if I can get it.

If the site grows in popularity you'll get targetted by spammers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.