www.anythingineed.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganly9

Hi folks, any comments, criticism, analysis or praise is welcome for this Website & Phone Directory!

jmcc

Is this the famous site that was on sale at 100K Euro a while ago?

Regards...jmcc

Redfly

Hi David (You're not from Swords are you?)

The site looks fine and it functions OK from what I tried but you asked for criticism so...

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this? What does your site offer of any value that cannot be found (in greater abundance) elsewhere, mainly Google local search.
With all due respect, it's just a directory. How are you differentiating yourself from the THOUSANDS of others? Why would I use anythingineed.ie rather than Google or one of the other directory sites with reviews, opening hours and detailed info?

Not trying to have a go at you, I'm just a little weary of people asking for reviews of another "me too" site.

And is it true? You tried to sell this for €100k?

ganly9

Dara (jmcc) it's actually for sale for 1mil, you forgot to add a few zero's.

Hi Dave,

No I'm not from Swords. Thanks for the reply. I'm actually a school teacher and the website & phone directory came about in my spare time (lots of it) from teaching and having use of the large database (private source). It was an idea that was supposed to be on a much smaller scale but ended up as easy to implement for the 26 counties.
Don't intend on taking on Google or GoldenPages just yet!

jmcc

Dara (jmcc) it's actually for sale for 1mil, you forgot to add a few zero's.
Not sure who Dara is but there is something rather Doctor Evil about the price. :)

the website & phone directory came about in my spare time (lots of it) from teaching and having use of the large database (private source).
That could be a problem. The provenance of the data is a crucial element in any directory websale, especially where it involves phone numbers and (possibly) personal data. Anyone thinking of purchasing the directory may want to know where the data came from and is there any way of keeping it current.

It was an idea that was supposed to be on a much smaller scale but ended up as easy to implement for the 26 counties.
Don't intend on taking on Google or GoldenPages just yet!
As Dave said above, what differentiates it? I've seen quite a few website/phone type directories apart from Goldenpages. Even Eircom has its own online phone directory. The nearest equivalent would be Whatswhat. What is your directory's unique selling point?

Regards...jmcc

blue4ever

"Dara (jmcc) it's actually for sale for 1mil, you forgot to add a few zero's."

You haven't a hope of getting even 1% of that. I worked in the directory business for may a year and I know the valuations - not a prayer in that case. Sorry - but its better to be realistic.

ganly9

"Dara (jmcc) it's actually for sale for 1mil, you forgot to add a few zero's."........this was actually a joke 'blue4ever', and the site is not currently for sale...but thanks for the valuation anyway!

blue4ever

well, there are people in the land of dot com that have serious delusions of grandeur - glad to see that you only have a good sense of humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.