Status
Not open for further replies.

jdalton

Hi All,

New here, just signed up this morning and already have learned a lot!

I basically starting using HTML about 2 weeks ago to design a site. It is about 10% completed and I would like to have some feedback from anyone willing to take the time ;-)

Like I said I don't know much about HTML or web site building so I just wanted some tips, advice....help!

On my page the "tips and tools" section has a sidebar from Feedsweep.com that I created and then added to my page. For some reason when the "tips and tools" page loads it takes a few milliseconds longer than the rest of my pages, also there is a slight transition in my page when loading.

Can someone let me know if this is because it is linking back to feedsweep.com? Or is it just because the "tips and tools" page has more content?

Its a niggly little thing but I am finding it so frustrating to figure out why there is a page transition and a small delay during the loading process.

I really appreciate any feedback on my site or on the problem I am having.

Thanks

J

jonathan11

Header is a bit high, could do with squeezing it down a bit, losing alot of space there.
Text in the left column is a bit small to read.
When I click on Tips and tools the light blue text on the white background is not easy on the eye.

Otherwise looks pretty nice, I like your logo...

jdalton

Thanks

Hey Johnathan11,

Thanks for the advice. Ill be making those changes. Its great to have this site to get help like that. Thanks for taking the time too.

J

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
too much space ... not enough space on the news bits on the left ... not too keen on the colours used / logo .. the contrast seems wrong

( may be your first site but sorry you asked my opinion and at the end of the day I'm just new .. doesn't matter to end users / customers)

James

jdalton

Hey James,

Working on it a bit now. Thanks for the input I'm here to learn so I appreciate any feedback.

J

tricky_d

What's the purpose and function of your site? Doesn't seem clear at all (to yourself especially). If you're trying to sell your services why do you have ~8 links going offsite and 3 to subpages which have precious little info on who, what, where, how etc. You need to go back to the drawing board and get your plan sorted before doing the site. Form follows function so figure the function out first.

(I wouldn't put Web Design down if you've only started learning 2 weeks ago and this is your first site)

jdalton

tricky_d
I totally agree with the website design bit, was just using a rough template. The site is literally in its infancy as I said above, that's why there is no real business content so far. Maybe I should have asked for this review once it was completed! Thanks all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.