Status
Not open for further replies.

Donagh

Liking the site! You've got a bit of uniqueness alright, nice spin on a tried and tested area. Hope it goes well for you. Only thing that I wasn't a huge fan of was the top header(logo, login, search). Don't get me wrong I like rounded corners and shapes and all that but I think it's all just too much in that one area. Especially when it's mixing with the body of the page also. Just my 2 cents anyway :)

cgarvey

• Very narrow layout (likely to mean lots of waste space for most of your visitors)
  • Basic layout, no strong visual support
  • No contact details (you want people to give their life story, and you're not prepared to provide any contact details, or info on who's running the show? That there will be a massive barrier to your potential membership)
  • Search details aren't remembered (so you've to select all the criteria each search)
  • You need to work on getting members
  • Not a fan of "you need to login to use this button" JavaScript messages (they shouldn't be there, or at least greyed, if they can't be used.

A nice basic layout makes it clean looking and reasonably easy to see your way around. However, it's too basic, IMO.

zunderhill

thanks alot Donagh

Liking the site! You've got a bit of uniqueness alright, nice spin on a tried and tested area. Hope it goes well for you. Only thing that I wasn't a huge fan of was the top header(logo, login, search). Don't get me wrong I like rounded corners and shapes and all that but I think it's all just too much in that one area. Especially when it's mixing with the body of the page also. Just my 2 cents anyway :)

Thanks for taking the time to look at the site Donagh. Taking on board your comments. I was trying to keep the layout as simple as possible in terms of access to login/search etc. But fair comment on too much going on. If I can get some good traffic on the site I'm going to redesign the user interface as it stands at the moment. Trying to focus on getting some traffic going at the moment though. Thanks again.

zunderhill

thanks cgarvey

• Very narrow layout (likely to mean lots of waste space for most of your visitors)
  • Basic layout, no strong visual support
  • No contact details (you want people to give their life story, and you're not prepared to provide any contact details, or info on who's running the show? That there will be a massive barrier to your potential membership)
  • Search details aren't remembered (so you've to select all the criteria each search)
  • You need to work on getting members
  • Not a fan of "you need to login to use this button" JavaScript messages (they shouldn't be there, or at least greyed, if they can't be used.
A nice basic layout makes it clean looking and reasonably easy to see your way around. However, it's too basic, IMO.

Hello cgarvey. Thanks alot for your input. Much appreciated.

Working on the search details you mentioned. A couple of people have commented on that.

The contact details are on the site ok. Who we are etc. But obviously these are not prominent enough. I'll make these details more prominent on the site so they are obvious for any visitors.

Very narrow layout (likely to mean lots of waste space for most of your visitors) not 100% sure what you mean by this one?

"You need to work on getting members" - tell me about it! :)

Thanks again for your time. Ver helpful

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Very narrow layout (likely to mean lots of waste space for most of your visitors) not 100% sure what you mean by this one?

You're only using a tiny portion of the screen, so it looks a bit lost on most people's monitors

AAA

You're only using a tiny portion of the screen, so it looks a bit lost on most people's monitors

Well, on 15" laptop looks just fine :) I dont think you should worry about the size, after some time you could replace those blanks spots with banners or with more options to your site. Leave it now and see how it will go.

Explain me something:

1) why it is not ie domain
2) Ireland has bebo and facebook
3) your only trick to take over the market was to arange dates for 2+2?
when I saw only this "advantage" I left the website, you have to make somehow people to register.

Sorry mate but in this competetive world it is just not enough!

There is just TOOOOOOOOOOO many dating websites of any kinds and now your website certainly ain't in the top 10 of them.

Yeah it is easy to criticise, but it is Your job to make it harder for us ;)

AAA

No it doesn't

well I guess that's just your opionion, just as this is mine

How's that even vaguely relevant?

And how is it not? On all three of them you can chat and eventually date somebody, plus bebo and facebook has much more options concerning pictures..

His site is about:

It's a double date!

If you’re not into double dating, then you can just register as a singleton and date on your own - easy! Click on the links below to find out more...

The point is all three of them are date-related. Hence it makes them competitors. And there is no way right now that this site can stand a chance against those sites!

zunderhill

Hi AAA

No problem on the criticism. As long as its constructive. I welcome any feedback. Here's a couple of answers below:

1) why it is not ie domain
Not sure what you mean here? Two of the bigger irish dating sites (maybefriends and anotherfrind) are .com. So are a number of other general irish websites. .com gives a little more potential for growth I reckon

2) Ireland has bebo and facebook
Do you mean in terms of dating websites? The two sites above I mentioned also have a fair piece of the online dating market. There are also a dose of other online sites for the international and Irish online dating market.

3) your only trick to take over the market was to arange dates for 2+2?
The idea is too take some of the solitary side out of the online dating. People are basically vouching for each other. Trying to make it a bit more relaxed. There is also a security side to it (your with a friend on the site). Feeback from women was particualary positive on this side. Meeting two friends with your own friend is trying to be a little less anonymous.

It's a niched approached. Won't appeal to everyone (the double side of things) but again feedback I've got on this has been positive. As you mentioned you can still date on your own. I don't think any of the sites opertaing in the Irish market are offering both single and double dating.

Trying to build a small presence at the minute, rather than going straight for the jugular against Bebo or facebook!

Karen

Hey Zunderhill,

I saw your ad on facebook just before I logged on here and then saw a requested for feedback. Coincidence or what!

Personally I think double dating is a great idea and I'm sure lots of women out there would be more comfortable going on a first date with a friend in tow. If not you also have the tradtional option of a one on one date.

The layout of the site is quite narrow but as AAA said you could fill that later.

I found your contact details easily enough. I love your tagline...dating by numbers. You circular logo looks a little out of place with all the round cornered squares and rectangles. We all have our own design and layout ideas though and everyone's taste differs.

I have also launched a site in May 2009 and have it up for review so feel free to comment!!

Best of luck with it.

cgarvey

Fair play zunderhill! You came on here and took all the comments/criticisms on the chin. Too often here, people don't even acknowledge the time taken to give feedback (let alone the value of some of the expertise offered here). So to come back and take it all on board, and thank people, is a welcome change. So, you're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.