Accepting Payments on a Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coby McNulty

Hi, i was recommended this site by a friend.

i have a site which i'm developing where i am selling 3 products. What would be the best way to sell these products? I have looked into Paypal for this and PayPal IPN.

One question i have is this, the product i am selling requires the user to renew his/her order every year. What are the limitations with using paypal regarding this. I mean, is there something i can do that can alert me to when the years contract is coming to a end or something?

Thanks
Charles

louie

PayPal is your best option as you only have few products.

I don't think is possible to get an email from them as when and what.

you can have an admin area on your website and log all the customers there and the time & date of the purchase they have made. based on that anytime you log in run a code to see if there are any payment due (like 30 days in advance ) so you can let the customer know about it.

SlitheryImp

Paypal has a 'Standing Order' option, I'm not sure how you would set it up though. Blacknight would probably know mre about this.

2checkout.com may also be an option for you, customers will not need a Paypal account to pay you by credit card, although the fees are a bit higher.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You can setup the payment to be a "subscription" via Paypal, which would handle the recurring billing for you seamlessly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.