Adsense Optimisation Reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone had anything useful in the optimisation reports?

All I get is the totally useless:
"You may be filtering ads that monetise well on your site."

Whether it's true or not is irrelevant - the sites that are filtered are filtered for a reason (you don't get any prizes for guessing! :) )

Redfly

It's a load of pants and is not customized to each account. A waste of screen real estate if you ask me.

Tom

From what I've seen, I think the reports might be aimed more at new adsense users or less experienced adsense users. At the very least they will give users something to consider that may help improve their earnings.

I'm getting the same "You may be filtering ads that monetise well on your site."

I guess Google doesn't like too much ad filtering. I'm sure they want more clicks just like publishers but care less about competitors, inappropriate ads etc.

wheres me jumpa

Yeah I got the same as well as:

Referrals can add incremental revenue to your site.
Placing more than one ad unit on a page often generates more revenue.

wheres me jumpa

Its actually very confusing. Filtering can be useful, but yet when you turn it on they send a report saying it may be hindering your returns!

Ciarán Mc Cann

Yea I have the same thing, I have adsense on a few of my sites and I may only have 1 ad bar on some pages and every month I get the same message saying somthing like "you can increase your chances of clicks with more ad area's on your website" or somthing to that effect. As you say its a waste of space.

paul

Ninja
If anyone wants help with their AdSense Setup (as I've said here) give me a shout. All for the price of a nice back link. ;)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
And the August report is as inspiring as the previous ones ....

Dear Google,

Do you think we're all a bit stupid?

D

Deleted member 444

I'd say the whole optimisation report was some great-idea-at-the-time brain fart that turned out to be more dificult than they thought, and now they're too embaressed to remove it :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe :)

I just wish they´d either remove it or actually do something useful with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.