Extra Features for regulars

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I've been messing with the settings, so any of you who post regularly should automatically be promoted to the group "web pro" which will give you a couple of extras, such as avatars...

It may also break things, so please let me know :D

frakilk

Nice. How many posts to we have to reach to be promoted into this group Michele?

RedCardinal

What's with all the NOFOLLOW action on the homepage?

I see you've even NOFOLLOWed the top posters profile links :(

It's a sea of pink for me these days...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't changed the settings re: nofollow in ages

I think it's set to nofollow on all user profile pages - you can thank the forum spammers for that

Anouilh

Perhaps it's leadership gone crazy. I never question why machines don't work... just keep going....

ringleader

Any chance of an avatar before the minimum post requirement?
It creeps me out posting without one ;)

No worries if not - I'm sure I'll get to 40 posts in about a week :D

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I had to tighten up on some of the features a while back, as were being hit by "drive by" spammers.

Users were registering.

Posting junk and shoving their links all over the place, as they'd copped on that the site was very well indexed.

Regulars get a few more features once your post count hits certain levels etc., plus you get access to the private forums

ringleader

I had to tighten up on some of the features a while back, as were being hit by "drive by" spammers.

Users were registering.

Posting junk and shoving their links all over the place, as they'd copped on that the site was very well indexed.

Regulars get a few more features once your post count hits certain levels etc., plus you get access to the private forums

Ah excellent stuff.
I was on the receiving end of the idiotic spammer techniques for a short while.
Completely understandable.

Thanks for the response - thought I'd chance my arm regardless :)

Status
Not open for further replies.