How for design work - logo/banner/unique template

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remo

I wasnt sure where else to post this (maybe a deign category if there was one)

Its a simple enough question and I am not looking for pitches. I can barely get out of bed let alone design but I was wondering what is a reasonable average quote for a

New Logo - with 3 mockups and revisions
Banners - same as above
Site Template - same as above (lets just assume 5 page site navigation, look and feel and not just some available template online, just HTML coding)

I have 3 quotes for each part, I wont give the quotes but all the samples are very top class and slick

I was wondering what you think a reasonable price for each part is or just the part you are most familiar with

As I am not pitching for work its all about your realtisic opinion which counts on this one as what you think are realistic "rough" prices to be quoted for

Ultimately what would you charge

TheMenace

Why not set yourself a per hour rate, work out how long it's going to take you to do the work and then charge accordingly?

Remo

Why not set yourself a per hour rate, work out how long it's going to take you to do the work and then charge accordingly?
because I am not the designer I am the buyer, I have been given some quotes which are quite different.

Been away from IRL for quite some time and just trying to get my head around pricing for different things. Of course theres more than price involved, reliablity, consistency etc..... just trying to build a picture of what working here is like

I re-read my original post and I can see how I was probably being very unclear!

Im the potential buyer of the service

TheMenace

Oh right, I see. Well it's an impossible question to answer. It really depends on the experience, competence and talent of the designer. I know designers who would do it for a few hundred and others who would charge you upwards of ten thousand. Very difficult question to answer.

Remo

I appreciate its a bit of how long is a piece of string type question

But I was working to, its an unestablished brand who has an online presence
they need a new logo - and some banner work (lets say they just walked off the street)

I appreciate if its M&S or AIB looking for the work you would charge accordingly. But from a couple of 000 to 000's doesnt really answer the question.

Good ideas and nice design tends in my experience have nothing to do with the cost. As beforehand you have seen the portfolio and should have a good feel for the designer. You decide at the point you see the portfolio/previous work and then ask for a quote

So if I wanted Remo.ie (which I dont :)) as a modern logo some banners with a slogan/marketing message (which I knew) where I gave the input not looking for "brand" launch but said I like X sites logo and would like font that is used in Y design and here is my message, build my logo with 3 mockups and will pay for it if happy, were still talking a few 00 euros?

As I said previously I have been given some quotes and want to understand the prices/market

Heres a question - I give you my name/brand, my idea, colors I like, you do some mockups - how much would you quote for

I said it before and I will say it again, i am not a designer, just trying to work out what I have been quoted to see if its reasonable as there are huge differences in quotes between, just logo work, just banner work, just a simple HTML site 5 pages same look and feel and will only ever have content added to it, e.g. text odd section here and there

davidbehan

This is really a piece of string type question, isn't it? What I've seen charged in the past:

Logo: €250 - €2,500
Banners (banner ads?): €50 - €250 each
Site Template: €250 - €2,500

As a designer, you choose the price based on the time involved, your hourly rate and any costs involved. As a buyer, all you need to worry about is if you are getting value for money. Do you think the quality of work at a certain rate is value for money? Then go for that.

Perceived value and all that jazz!

Remo

As a buyer, all you need to worry about is if you are getting value for money

Only problem with that is most buyers when looking for anything "web" related tend to be overpriced so have no perception about what is value for money.

The interweb is confusing for most. Thanks for the info I really just wanted to get a handle on prices within IRL and as far as I can see, I know why I have used freelancers in India in the past

We can save the quality argument :) beauty/nice design is in the eye of the beholder

thanks for the response

effect

We can save the quality argument :) beauty/nice design is in the eye of the beholder

thanks for the response

not really Remo, design is all about communication. it really is impossible to answer your question, perhaps you could post the brief you gave, and that would give us all a better idea of what is involved. Regarding outsourcing, a property website in india would/should be very different to a property site in ireland, thats just one example, don't underestimate local knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.