Inbound Marketing Ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanpearse

I'm just starting work on a project promoting online lotto sites .... There's one Irish and a couple of international sites that allow users to play the lotto online, check results, etc. They aren't gambling sites (legally) and are aimed largely at Irish, British and European expats in America and Australia. We're trying to boost the organic rankings in a few of those target markets and am brainstorming on developing some decent (linkable!) content to help the process.

I've already advised on improving the branding, SSL certs, general UX and overall trust factor of the sites and maybe incorporating a members area but that's all pretty standard.a

We'll create a bit of groundswell with a couple of decent press releases announcing the new site and a couple of social media giveaways but long term I'm struggling a bit to be honest. I'm well aware that although legally they aren't gambling sites, in many webmaster's eyes they are. Resources are fairly limited so I was thinking of recording video calls with the biggest weekly winners and maybe have a jackpot for the longest losing streak. Like I say resources are fairly limited but probably the simplest (and most decent!) way is to set up a good cause campaign in a couple of the target countries and get decent natural links that way but it's a daunting task!

Any other ideas??

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Who is the target audience?

What makes the site better than the competition?

ddavey83

User generated content?

Just an idea but how about trying user generated content? Perhaps some type of campaign where users submit a video on why they deserve to win the lotto would be good link bait.

seanpearse

Who is the target audience?
Its very popular with Irish expats in America, Australia and the UK. The Spanish & Italian lottos are popular in South America. Most traffic is coming from PPC at the minute and a few ads attracting passive browsers.

What makes the site better than the competition?
It's not at the minute to be honest but I'm working on improving the overall look, trust worthiness and general user experience of the sites to bring the bounce rate down. I want to get an inbound marketing strategy nailed down before we do this though so it can be incorporated into the site if needs be.

Status
Not open for further replies.